Paladin

Wickeds keyboard of the mighty which grants +4 to typing speed
Alpha

Paladin

Postby Alpha on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:57 am

What do u guys think of a ret pally ?

I just got into to this i have a 66 blood elf full ret pally..

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Paladin

Postby Tiberian_Son on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:17 pm

I just started again and made a Pally, so I don't know. Here's a thread from the wowforums though.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2055&sid=1

Toede

Postby Toede on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:30 pm

Ive been a paladin since day one, unless you have the top of the line gear you dps wont be very good.

played holy paladin since day one, last patch went prot paladin and loving it. I was ret before the expansion, back when were were all still 60 but had access to the 41 point talents... that was when the ret paladin owned(had the hand of rag major damage) but now since everybody is up to 70, your damage is mediocre at best. Either go protection or holy as a paladin. PvP as a holy paladin with a group of people you know, and you can tear through some shit

look me up on the armory on wow

Toede on mannoroth.

kelston

Postby kelston on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:09 am

Ret Paladin is terrible

Only uses:

- Your gear is obscenely good and your guild has an open 25 man DPS slot, you are there for the crit judgement and nothing else
- Everyone in your PUG Battleground is a fucking retard so healing them is worthless
- Your 3v3 joke Arena team has an enhancement shaman and an amazingly good shadow priest

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:59 pm

kelston wrote:Everyone in your PUG Battleground is a fucking retard so healing them is worthless

You means there's a different type of PUG? :P

kelston

Postby kelston on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:54 am

Tiberian_Son wrote:
kelston wrote:Everyone in your PUG Battleground is a fucking retard so healing them is worthless

You means there's a different type of PUG? :P

Dude, the other day I had a 5 man team that got 3 pugs from Malygos or some shit and we rolled a full horde team that was tier 5/6.

Grace

Postby Grace on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:25 am

ret pally depends on what you want to accomplish.

in pvp it's great and fun.

in a raid, it's tough, but not to hard to maintain somewhere in the middle of the dps class'

in a raid or pvp, it's all about the crit. from the last change in the pallys, it's harder to get that 15% vengence, unless you're up in the crits (say 22-25%).

w/o any dps gear from karazan- i was at 28%crit. 1400ap . just from 5man instances. heroic has more, but you'll find being a tank is far easier to gear for, and in much more of a demand, espcially as the king of agro management tank. 491 defense and a 95% avoidance is possible with non heroic runs through 5mans and crafted gear. a pally tank only needs to find 100 spell dmg to keep most agro, and about 300 with high dps class' in a heroic run...all of which is obtained in a single weapon.

a second and more greedy reason why you would rather be a tank then a healer, is well...pretty simple, all plate belongs to you. not only that but any 2h weapons that drop is more or less designed for warroirs/pally tho shammys/hunters get a chance (not sure why a shammy would go 2h as dps)

all in all, unless you pvp more then you raid, stickign to TANK/healer is far more effective way to gain gear.

unless you pvp....

alot of good dps gear for season two arena's.....btw, pally healer is king in pvp earn points to buy dps gear.

Alpha

Postby Alpha on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:17 pm

thanks for the feed back..

Grace thanks man.. yeah am 70 holy paladin

heilex - 70 feral druid.
joon - 70 warrior
wkdblue - 70 hunter
those are some ppl u guys know..

got 72 members in the guild.. ( WICKED )

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:36 pm

Tankadin for the win.

Honestly. Ret pally's are meant for DPS. And as far as DPS'ers go, a Ret pally is gonna be at the bottom of the list. On the flip side. Tank pally's are the shit. It's to the point I don't even wanna go into an instance without a paladin. I can't believe we had to wait go so long without them.

I've also had good experience with holy pally's in that they are good healers and if they DO end up getting, they still have plate!

Audric

Postby Audric on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:34 pm

Alpha wrote:thanks for the feed back..

Grace thanks man.. yeah am 70 holy paladin

heilex - 70 feral druid.
joon - 70 warrior
wkdblue - 70 hunter
those are some ppl u guys know..

got 72 members in the guild.. ( WICKED )

What are you guys up to? I checked out the armory and to be honest, it looks pretty rough. I don't even see how you can do heroics. Being a druid myself, I feel compelled to say something to heilex. Please, please check out this site for gear choices for going feral. Get one set of gear for cat, and one for bear. Wearing pieces of both at the same time is really going to gimp you for dps or tanking, since you can only do one at a time anyway.

And for the love of god, get Omen of Clarity. It's is one of the best skills period, probably second only to Mangle. It will blow your mind how much your dps will go up just by getting that one skill. Actually, you need to take all 5 points from Feral Aggression and put one into Nature's Grasp, 3 into Natural Shapeshifter and the last into Omen of Clarity. Feral Aggression is damn near worthless, the bonus to demoralizing roar is negligible and rip is 10 times the skill that ferocious bite wishes it was.

Heilex

Postby Heilex on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:23 pm

Yeah, I need to respec and get clarity of omen and lose feire fire, although that is what i use to pull mobs. I use feral aggression not for the demoralizing roar but for the attack increase on my ferocious bite, one of the finishing combo moves. I dont think points in natures grasp are good for me since I have to be in caster form in order for it to actually work and only works outside. I am usually in cat or bear form and never in my actual tauren form. As for the gear we still havent ran Karah, this is where I will actually get my gear for tanking and dps. The gear I have now is only from some intances but mostly quests in outlands.

Audric

Postby Audric on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:38 am

Your gear is all over the place though. You have dps, tanking and healing gear all on at once. I'd suggest an addon like ItemRack that let's you switch whole sets of items at once. Have a set just for cat, bear, healing, etc. Whatever you might do. Faerie Fire should be kept, there is no reason to ditch it.

Rip will do way, waaaay more damage on mobs in instances (anything with decently high hp) than Bite will. Bite is good on trash non-elites when you might be soloing, and at that point you don't need any extra damage since the skill is going to kill them anyway by the time you get 4 or 5 points. Nature's Grasp is usable in all forms, and one point can really save your life sometimes. Aggression really is going to be a wasted talent 90% of the time, you will be shapeshifting more than using Bite and I think you would like having 3 points in Natural Shapeshifter instead.

Return to MMORPGs