Need help with ASP.NET website

Tech Support Help Desk Forum
MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Need help with ASP.NET website

Postby MaDSpartus on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 pm

For the life of me I cant figure out why the page is hard coded to a certain width, about 1900 pixels. I found width=1900px in the style.css file and changed it but it didnt have any effect. I have searched every file in the whole project for where it could be happening, but no luck. Can anyone with some skills lend me a hand on this? I could actually pay too if you can provide a proper business receipt (I'll probably get some other work done if I'm paying).

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Need help with ASP.NET website

Postby HangOver on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:46 pm

is it just one page doing it? or an entire site?

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

well,I left work today frustrated that I couldnt get it fixed, but I uploaded some new versions to the website and went home.

Got home, loaded it up, and it was fine...

same browser at home and work, chrome. potentially the site was being cached somehow and even though all the active components were changing as I worked on it, the page size was cached and unaffected... I thought it might be browser specific at the time and I tried the site with IE, but it had the same problem because I hadn't uploaded new code. Since visual studio always launched the default browser it never 'cleared its cache' I guess.

So yeah, I wasted like 3 hours today....

Thanks Hang

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm

heh. browser cache can be such a bitch sometimes. i've reworked entire sections of code because i *thought* they weren't working only to find out it was because the cache was hanging on to old shit. and it's almost ALWAYS the css file too. so annoying. glad you got it working :)

Return to Tech Talk