New Monitors

Tech Support Help Desk Forum
Toede

New Monitors

Postby Toede on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:10 pm

So I am looking to get 2 new monitors, maybe one for right now then in a couple months buy the second one. I was looking in the 150-200 dollar price range. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have not purchased a monitor in probably 8 years. I have an old viewsonic LCD that has worked great.

I don't need speakers built in, that just seem like an extra waste of money, didn't know what you guys were using or what ya'll would buy if you could.

Toede

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: New Monitors

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:30 pm

there are kinda 2 lines of thought for LCD right now.

image accuracy, colour reproduction, brightness, large viewing angle, etc. get IPS panel, but limited to 60 Hz refresh rate

Gaming, get 120 Hz TN panel, has like 2ms response instead of 8. Less frame latency too (so you see the image sooner). Generally regarded good enough for everything, but someone who does lots of image work like photography or digital artwork would want IPS for accuracy and colour range.

I didn't exactly recommend a model for you, but I thought it might help you push off in the right direction for what you want.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Monitors

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:18 am

damn spart... good stuff. i'll make sure to ask when i'm in the market for one in a few years... if monitors still exist.

Return to Tech Talk