OCZ Synapse

Tech Support Help Desk Forum
zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

OCZ Synapse

Postby zel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 pm

This is something i've been waiting for. Remember the Momentus XT laptop hybrid hard drive? it had 4G of SSD and a 500G platter? It would cache the most frequently used files on the SSD portion and it was all automatic so if you wanted to reboot fast you would just reboot 3 or 4 times in a row and it would cache all the startup files and all that goodness well......

OCZ put out something for our desktops.

Basically its an SSD with some software that goes along with it. It does the same thing that the Momentus XT did except it's an add-on solution. Just install the SSD and install the software that comes with it. It will monitor your file usage and cache the most frequently used 64 or 128G (depending on the model, of course) of data. No more juggling games on and off the SSD! wooo! This is what i've been waiting for, i took my SSD out a long time ago cause I got tired of the juggling :/

Best part is, you don't have to reinstall! :D

Now if only I had a sata 6.0g/s capable board, i could take full advantage of the speed :/ ohh ya and money, i need to save money to buy it....

Return to Tech Talk