Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Google+

Postby buzz on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 am

Looks like it's just me that ran out of invites.. wa wa

Stealth Assassin405

Postby Stealth Assassin405 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Hey Buzz, Thanks for the invite! got it!

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:02 pm

oh sweet! "share" still works

Kitty

Postby Kitty on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Eddy, I sent you an invite. Hope it worked..

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 am

got it Irene, thanks!

BALDheadedGRL

Postby BALDheadedGRL on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:25 am

Any invites left? Pm me if you can hook it up..

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

I gots again .. PM me your gmail addy

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:49 pm

May I have an invite? =D

ajnosek88
at
gmail

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Thought I sent one already.. Maybe not, sent!

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:22 am

I didn't ask before. Thanks!

Is it just me, or is everything google does, they do better?

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't know about everything they do being better, but definitely most of it. So far the only google thing I haven't felt is better is Chrome vs Firefox as a browser, however, it's an extremely close second and still way better than IE at any rate. That said, it may simply be because I am so used to Firefox, though I have been using both just to feel it out and compare, so far my Firefox is consistently 11ms faster loading pages (big whoop I know, like you can tell 11ms) but mostly I have always enjoyed the FF layout, and 2 particular plugins. Chrome just feels a little awkward to me, I think just because of what i am used to. I can't say anything bad about Chrome though as it functions perfectly fine and I haven't had any negative issues, it just doesn't 'feel' right to me is all, and since I've no negative issues with Firefox either, I see no reason to stop using it.
Last edited by [Creep]-Tyrant on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 am

I have been a long-time firefox supporter, and only recently a convert to chrome. Firefox just didn't update for the longest time, and chrome had some very good advantages, such as tabs on top.

Since I switched, firefox upgraded and took care of a lot of these issues. I thought about going back to firefox now that they have the upgrades. They definitely help, but it seems they can only copy chrome and not as well. In addition, I have found that chrome:

better utilizes the area where the tabs go (especially if the window isn't maximized),
    merges the address box and the google search box,
    allows me to close individual tabs in the task manager without crashing the entire web browser,
    will notify me if I have email,
    dragging tabs actually looks like dragging,
    creates new tabs next to my current tab, and to top it all off,
    I find loading pages hands down quicker

I really can't justify switching back.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am

opera > chrome > ff >>>>>> ie

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am

I never got on the Firefox bandwagon.. This will sound sad but IE worked just fine for me. I didn't feel the need to switch just so I can get to websites 11ms faster. Now when Chrome came out.. Oh nelly, like everything else google, i'm driving that damn wagon lol

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm

buzz wrote:I never got on the Firefox bandwagon.. This will sound sad but IE worked just fine for me. I didn't feel the need to switch just so I can get to websites 11ms faster. Now when Chrome came out.. Oh nelly, like everything else google, i'm driving that damn wagon lol

I agree 100% I used IE up till Chrome came out. I tried FF and did my own "benchmark" no I didn't time shit and write it down and make a chart, I just clicked on shit and gave it a feel. I felt zero appreciable difference so the other reason was security. I've never ONCE had a virus get to me through IE that I didn't have to actually run and even then I was smart enough to say to myself "hey wtf is this shit?". I've had to clean off plenty of mal-ware / spy-ware from other machines and every one of those were run by the user. The real security hole in a browser is the person using it. I mean why crack your skull trying to find a hole to install automatically when you can infect a huge amount of people by simply fooling them? A great example of this is my sister, she's installed the same fake anti-virus program like 4 times now. You know the one, it claims to be free virus protection to get you to install it, then it shuts-down any other antivirus programs and breaks your tcp stack so you can't hit the internet, sets group policy to disable system restore so it won't work even if you hit F8 on bootup and run it there and also locks out the GPEDIT or the MMC GP editor. Then it tells you you're infected with a virus but you need to buy the full version of the program and once you enter your financial info it'll fix everything and transmit your info out.

So for all the brew-ha-ha "zomg IE so full of holez!" I've heard, It never affected me so I had no reason to switch to FF. But Chrome was just sexy and smooth. Hell it had a sweet Hatsune Miku theme I mean, that just won me over instantly... Well that and the way the tabs work, you can undock them into their own window and re-dock them, rearrange the tabs easily, blah blah blah so i'm all about chrome now :D

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Talk