Re: Intel Sandy Bridge Architechure

Postby buzz on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 am

500 km = 310.6 miles

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

I got the guy to match an offer from NewEgg and I won't have to pay taxes so over all it ended up being cheaper. I wanted to check out the tune up software. The guy was spouting some ridiculous percentage gains but its a money back. If nothing else I can see what the tweaks are and still return it after 30 days for my money back.

tiger.JPG
(60.91 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 pm

tai, you are a good guy for buying the tune up you made him 10 bucks spiffed. anyways if you have any problems with returning something or issues with Tigerdirect compusa or circuit city let me know i will fix it.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Eddy,
I think I'm just going to get a new hard drive to install on. I'll prolly spring for the Vid card right now too. What kind of deals can you cut me and do you get a commission if i get all from you? Get back to me as soon as you can.

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 am

I tried to help, stupid fast shipping
Last edited by mantronic on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 am

You're asking for some spam-bot love there, eddy ..

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:39 pm

do him a favor and edit his post :P

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 pm

When he starts getting emails that start with "Hi mantronic, I am an Arabian prince with way too much money and need to transfer it to america" and friendly calls from africa notifying "mantronic" that he has won the south african lottery, he'll start to wonder what the hell just happened.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 am

zel wrote:When he starts getting emails that start with "Hi mantronic, I am an Arabian prince with way too much money and need to transfer it to america" and friendly calls from africa notifying "mantronic" that he has won the south african lottery, he'll start to wonder what the hell just happened.

I hope he doesn't forget about us when he's rich... We'll need his LAN meat.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Well I'm done. 2 hrs from turning off the old computer to having win64 bit installed on the new one. Haven't tweaked it or installed anything yet. But the most tedious part is over.

Anyone have any personal tips they like to do when they fresh install. Any handy programs etc? I of course have my normal routine but since this is a true nerd community I'm sure there are somethings you all do that I may find useful.

The final set up is:
Asus p8p67 pro
Intel i5 2500k
Gt470 (only one for now)
8 Gigs of ddr3 1600 (can go faster i think its rated for 2200)
80Gb intel SSD in a hot swappable chassis (can carry two 2.5 ssds ..I may RAID 2 together later)

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 pm

-PC-Taishar wrote:Well I'm done. 2 hrs from turning off the old computer to having win64 bit installed on the new one. Haven't tweaked it or installed anything yet. But the most tedious part is over.

Anyone have any personal tips they like to do when they fresh install. Any handy programs etc? I of course have my normal routine but since this is a true nerd community I'm sure there are somethings you all do that I may find useful.

The final set up is:
Asus p8p67 pro
Intel i5 2500k
Gt470 (only one for now)
8 Gigs of ddr3 1600 (can go faster i think its rated for 2200)
80Gb intel SSD in a hot swappable chassis (can carry two 2.5 ssds ..I may RAID 2 together later)

Tai,

big problem occurred today Intel recalled all the sandybridge motherboards, might want to set up an rma but the fix for the mobo will not be until mid march.

Intel®6 Series & Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series SATA Ports 2-5 Issue Summary
Problem:
•Under normal operation, Intel®6 Series Express Chipsets and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series Chipsets could experience an issue with SATA ports 2-5 that may result in these SATA ports experiencing a functional issue over time.
•Systems with only SATA ports 0 and 1 enabled are notsusceptible to this issue.
Implication:
•This issue may cause functional issues over time on Intel®6 Series Chipset and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series Chipset systems with devices using SATA ports 2-5.
•This issue impacts all Intel®6 Series Chipsets and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series chipsets on systems using SATA ports 2-5.
•Systems with only SATA ports 0 and 1 enabled are notsusceptible to this issue.
•Intel will be resetting the sales and on ad dates for Intel®6 Series Chipset based corporate platforms and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series Chipsets for server/workstation platforms, as well as for the dual core based 2ndGeneration Core™ Processors.We are tentatively targeting launch in March based on anticipated supply recovery and will be consulting with our customers to set the final launch date.
•Intel CPUs and other chipset families continue to meet our quality and reliability goals.
•This issue has been root caused and is attributed to reference circuitry used for clocks going to SATA Ports 2-5.
•This issue has been resolved with a PCH silicon stepping, for all Intel® 6 Series Chipsets and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series Chipsets, incorporating a minor metal layer change.
–The fix does not impact the designed functionality of the Intel®6 Series Chipsets and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series chipsets.
•Customers may use existing Intel®6 Series Chipsets and Intel®Xeon™ C200 Series Chipsets on platforms only utilizing SATA ports 0 and 1.
•Intel is investigating additional system-level solutions.
Intel Confidential –Customer NDA Use Only

Previous

Return to Tech Talk