Hello everyone

WickedNET : an unthreaded nut
mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Hello everyone

Postby mantronic on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Random mango delivery brought up an old name, thought I stop by and say hello. How is everyone?

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Hello everyone

Postby zel on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:38 pm

Still alive :) Doing as well as I can :P

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

toon-X standing by

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:56 pm

To expand a bit: I'm still working for CenturyLink, the local phone company here in Naples, FL. this year is my 10th year working for the company. The wife and I are still heading for a divorce for the past 2 years but with my daughter (turning 6 in august) still behind developmentally and our lives being so meshed together we're not in a situation where we can actually separate so we just kinda get along like roommates. It sucks knowing that at some point we're going to have to separate but at least I have this time to enjoy being a whole family still. There's a guy I do some side-work for fixing his computer and other random electronics that recently went into online retail and he brought me on-board to take care of the technical aspect of it. I don't do any of the product purchasing or pricing but I handle the account with the store and SEO of the site and ads. You can check it out at www.5thavenueofnaples.com although I have to say, some of the stuff on there is a bit overpriced IMO but again, i don't get to decide what products are offered or what we sell it at.

If this store takes off he's supposed to cut me in on 25% of the business in lieu of upfront payment. I know that's a risky offer to take, All my work could end up netting me nothing even if the store is successful but if he holds up his end of the bargain it could really help me pay some bills. I agreed to it since my work can really be done anywhere at anytime I want so lately instead of staying up till 3am playing Overwatch or Rocket League i'm up till 3am working on the site. Ok... well, not every night, I still stay up and play Overwatch or Rocket League some nights :P

How are you guys doing?

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:37 am

I'm still alive and got a stable thing going in Toronto. not doing as much multiplayer stuff as I would like, mostly singleplayer strategy. I've also been running and mumble server for years, and it has a regular small user base, including some ex-wkd. it's mumble.j4p.net if you want to stop by.

During the day I got a stable engineering gig and also run a small custom computer business for engineering applications.

Bennington

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, near the edge of the desert.gif

Postby Bennington on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Greetings old friends!! I was firing up the pseudowicked fantasy football league and it reminded me of fond times once digitally spent with you hooligans, so I stopped by ole' wickednet. Sorry to hear of your troubles Zel. Divorce/Separation is never an easy thing. I hope it all works out for you and your daughter.

As far as what I've been up to.... I currently do water science for the USGS in south florida. I am transferring to Las Vegas in like 3 weeks...so bye bye Florida. I am married and have 2 beautiful babies. A boy, Benjamin(5yo), and a girl, Coral(2yo). I don't play any games on account of my lack of time/shitty computers that can't support the newest games. That is about it...I live a boring life, and I couldn't be happier about it. I hope all is well for all the lost wickednet family out there, and that more of you post a summary of your lives as well.

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rope on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Well Well! What's up Eddy!!! Life for me is just peachy. Still the IT Systems Manager for a chain of Credit Unions in Florida. Still wasting too much money on high-horsepower vehicles. Still drinking like I'm 21. Still dating a girl like I'm 21 lol. Think about you guys all the time. I don't game at all anymore, but I saw some commercial yesterday for a "CS:GO" tournament with like a million dollar prize, and I was like "WELL WHAT THE FUCK?!?! WHY DID I STOP PLAYING?!?! :lol: , but then I realized it's probably nothing like the good old days. Cherish those moments boys and girls, because the World really has changed in the last 15 years or so. Wish you all the best, and keep on living life! Woot Woot!
[ img ]

Kitty

Postby Kitty on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:33 am

Hola peeps!! :wave:

Mantronic - Random mango delivery? Is that code for something?.. :wtf:

Zel - Sorry to hear things haven't gotten better on the marriage front. Really hoped it would have worked out for you guys somehow. I guess the bright side here is you have full time access to your daughter.

Benny - You've been down here in SoFL this whole time and never said anything or did I miss it? You know how many wickednet folks live here?? 0_o Congrats on the family and good luck to you in Vegas! If you've never been, and you're outdoorsy, I suggest taking a day trip to Zion National Park in Utah... it's beautiful out there and well worth the trip. I'm dying to go back after our visit in April.

Rope wrote: I don't game at all anymore, but I saw some commercial yesterday for a "CS:GO" tournament with like a million dollar prize, and I was like "WELL WHAT THE FUCK?!?! WHY DID I STOP PLAYING?!?! :lol: , but then I realized it's probably nothing like the good old days.

This right here!! I saw this shit on TV the other day and thought of all the time and effort we used to put into gaming.. and apparently we were way ahead of the curve. Also, your face looks scrawny. You're not skipping any meals, are you?! 8)

As for us... I'm doing web development and Glitch is doing software development. No human kids, just the little furry ones with paws. We spend some time traveling throughout the year and I spend my spare time planning where to go next, even if it's just a day trip or something to explore in our hometown. We've gotten into kayaking recently (since we don't have mountains to hike here in south FL) and just got a GoPro so we (I) might be doing a little snorkeling/diving, too. I want to visit some of the Springs in central/north FL (Ginnie, Rainbow, Ichetucknee, and Three Sisters to name a few) so if anyone has any info they can provide, we'd greatly appreciate it!

That's all I got.. not a fan of talking about myself for long. It weirds me out.. lol

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Alki
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Alki on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 pm

Whats u everyone!

Finally back on a PC .. Kids have taken over my life.
Saw some LAN posts, just wanted to share that toon and I have been trying to revolutionize the LANS again.

2 years running so far - Seems CS GO will be the next big game.
Usually hosting at my house a weekend in the summer if anyone is interested.

I'll make sure to visit the site more often and keep everyone posted.

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:16 am

Kitty wrote:Hola peeps!! :wave:

Mantronic - Random mango delivery? Is that code for something?.. :wtf:

I was delivering a bag of Mangos to Maria Inirio and land parties and wicked was mentioned. Nicaraguans they are all related it seems .

good to hear from everyone maybe one day we can have a picnic or something

Return to General