Hey guys, a quick question

WickedNET : an unthreaded nut
zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Hey guys, a quick question

Postby zel on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:31 pm

I know this is a bit of a long-shot but I thought I'd ask at least. I'm losing my house here in Naples. I've been losing it for a while now actually and right now my only real option is a short sale. I don't have much time left in this house. One buyer fell through because he needed more time to get his loan complete and my bank denied the extension, the last buyer was cash but after signing the offer, the next day he decided not to purchase and is now just letting the contract time out. I'm mostly just venting on here, I really hope I can find a cash buyer to buy the house because a short sale would mean the bank will give me money to move out and no short sale means no money.

The money is important because rent has skyrocketed in Naples. I can afford maybe 1,200 in rent and the cheapest 2 bedroom is around 1400-1600 (anything cheaper is usually income restricted). My wife doesn't want to rent all the way up in fort myers, our daughter has a lot of specialized car here because she's developmentally delayed and though she's 5, almost 6, she functions at a 3 year old level. Also, my wife is looking to divorce me. Its a horrible feeling, not knowing where you're going to live and knowing that you can't afford anything near where you'd like to stay. My wife will likely just leave me and try to file for section 8 and see if she can't get housing that way, so she can stay here in Naples to keep the daughter in the same school and all where she's finally making good progress.

What I need is an affordable 2 bedroom here in Naples somewhere, somewhere around 1,200 a month or less. I know it's not likely, everyone's pretty spread out so the chances of anyone here having something to rent or knowing someone is pretty slim, so no big deal if no one's got anything but I thought I should at least ask.

Anyhow guys, I hope everyone is doing better than i am.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hey guys, a quick question

Postby buzz on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:39 am

Jesus, Zel .. Sorry to hear about it man .. I hope everything works out for you especially with the wife. I know you guys have been together forever.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

Thanks, there isn't much hope there though. She hasn't worn her ring since august of 2014. I've done what I can but it's not enough I guess. Now all that is left is to do what I can to get my daughter in a position to succeed before we split up and go our separate ways which is why i'm so desperate to stay here in Naples. She's finally making progress with her current class and teacher and her therapists are also making a lot of progress with her. I need to stay here in Naples but all the rentals have gone up ridiculously in the past few months. I don't know WTF is going on here. I guess all the tourists and retirees decided to invade or something.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:53 am

Yikes,

Thanks for the update. Wish I could help with your request... I dont quite understand how housing an be expensive but a house doesnt sell. Seems weird to me.

All the best man.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:49 am

Well, housing in Naples has been inflating at a ridiculous rate. There's some kind of mad rush of wealthy people buying up homes here right now and it ends up affecting rent, even rent for regular little apartments that a welathy person wouldn't want to rent, still, everything shoots up.

I've had a stroke of luck though. Some apartment complex had a leasing agreement with a company cancel on them opening up a whole bunch of 2 bedroom apartments and so they discounted the rent to get them rented fast. Their 1 bedrooms are literally more expensive than their 2 bedroom apartments so I have a lease pending and a spot now. It's semi-affordable at just under 1400 a month.

So I have a decent place lined up and I might have a cash buyer here. So somehow, everything flipped around on me. If the cash offer goes through (it isn't a done-deal yet) i'll be in a good spot. I appreciate the moral support guys :) honestly, things were pretty bleak for a while there.

Take care, i'll update this once i sell, or don't sell, or whatever happens :P

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:34 am

yes, more updates like this please

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Welp, I ended up in the apartments I mentioned earlier. It really was a pretty amazing deal for this area in the current real estate market, but only because of the current mad-rush that's going on here. This can't last much longer. Something's gonna go pop here in Naples otherwise the people who work in all of the service industries won't be able to live within an hour and a half drive. So we're basically moved in at this point. Got the beds, most of the furniture and nick-knacks, the PCs and all that stuff. Just gotta empty out the old house, sell the stuff i can sell, store the stuff that can't fit, and trash the rest.

More good news, my buyer agreed to close early and allow me until the 23rd to get my stuff out of the house (with a signed agreement)! So we've already closed on the house and i've received my short-sale bonus and I still have time to finish moving out. Really, this was the best outcome I could have hoped for short of some how getting a miraculous modification that lowered my mortgage to something under 1k/mo.

So there we go, crisis averted! O.o It was getting pretty bleak there for a while but in the end, things turned out ok :)

I hope everyone else is doing great :D

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:34 pm

glad to hear man. that's great news.

Return to General