Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Yoooooooooooou Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyz!!!!

WickedNET : an unthreaded nut
Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Just thought I'd "jump" in here and see what's shakin'

[ img ]

Hope everyone is jamming along in this little game of chess we call life. Still miss the days....

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Sup man! :)

Well, i'm doing ok I guess. In foreclosure but the bank just offered me a modification for 1,100/mo which is much better than the going rate for most 2/2 apartments in naples which is the other option; rather than modify, foreclose and just rent. Biggest problem in Naples is the lack of a middle ground. They're either luxury apartments or low-income/income-restricted apartments. I can't afford one and i make too much for the other, I seem to exist in some kind of forbidden middle-ground of income. Biggest problem for me is the wife can't work. As most of you may know my daughter is delayed in her development. She was born in Aug 24. of 2010, so she's almost 5 now and she's only recently starting to say actual words (she mostly just babbles incoherently). We've done everything, all kinds of doctors and tests and therapy. Past 2 years she's qualified for the "Early Steps" and "Head Start" programs offered through the schools so that has helped a lot I think. The school Psychologist in our last Head Start meeting before school end upgraded her from developmentally delayed to intellectually delayed so, she's developing properly now, she just needs to catch up. So now I read her tons of books and such, it's a lot of work man, let me tell you :P She has Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy twice a week and Horse riding therapy once a week (she just started that, we've been on a wait list for many months). She's made tons of progress most recently, putting together two words and her vocabulary has more than doubled so I think we're almost out of the wood in that aspect. Once she gets language down I think most of the problems will disappear as most of her behavioral problems, to me, seem to stem from the inability to communicate what she wants/feels thought for a while the doctors/therapists suggested that she might be in a spectrum of autism but at this point I think we're past that. Might still be but it's better to focus on getting communication down pat first and then see where we end up.

I got a budget planned out for the new house payments, lets see if the wife can keep up or if she blows me out of the water. My marriage is on the rocks but meh, i don't really want to air that dirty laundry out, it's a mess but suffice to say I may end up divorced in a year or two. For now the attention my daughter requires has kept us together because we can't do it alone. I really want to avoid divorce but my wife seems to be dead set on it. I just don't bring it up with her because it only ends up being a bad/sad/mad conversation. Focusing on the daughter seems to keep my wife happy so for now I just focus on that and try to make as many happy memories of this time together.

So that's it for me, could be better, could be worse. I play a lot of Altitude these days, and some Hearthstone (which i'm kind of getting bored with), and KSP along with whatever game comes along. Waiting mostly for Star Citizen which so far looks amazing and the alpha so far has been very fun.

Hope you guys are doing better than I am :)

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Well..uhh.. wow man. Not sure what to say about all of that. Life doesn't always...scratch that... life NEVER ends up the way you see it. You just have to be excited enough about life to keep wanting to see what else is around the corner, be it good or bad. I've always lived by that motto and so far it's gotten me through some depressing moments. I hope things turn out well for you brother.

As for my status report. Hmmm. Gonna be muthaf*cking FORTY in 3 weeks. I seriously forgot how I got to this point, but hey, "blacka da berry, da sweeter da juice, right?" Wait, maybe it's "you're only as old as you think you are". Hmm, I'm sure one of those fits my predicament. Anyways, I've had a GF for 2 years now and she's living with me. This is the closest I've come to marriage yet, and you all know I fought it. I FOUGHT WITH HONOR AND ALCOHOL TO KEEP MY SINGLEHOOD SAFE, but I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with this one. She's just too damn cool. I'm still working for the same joint in Gainesville, and I've been the Systems Manager here for 5 years or so. Looking for an exit plan in 3 years to get to Tampa/St. Pete. I want to be on the water, and I even bought a damn boat just to motivate me :D I don't play any more online games. I'm either at a bar, on a golf course, or working on a car or boat lately. I do miss the days though man. Those were truly the happiest days of my life, and looking back I can honestly say that with all my heart. But life never stops, and it never gets easier, so I just do my best to smile or laugh at something every day. I hope you all do the same. Miss you guys!

Oh, and I still keep my site up too. The blog posts are few and far between, but I try to keep the photo gallery kicking so you can see just how stupid I am and what I'm up to

http://www.hyperfiberbbq.com

Josh

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

OK yeah, some tough shit to follow up here...

So after a brief stint in Minnesota I moved back to Canada (Toronto) about 1.5 years ago and have since bought a place. Also go married about 1.5 years ago to long time GF. Seem to have stable work that I enjoy because it mixes my profession (Engineering) and my hobby (computer hardware) together nicely. I have also recently started a business selling custom high performance engineering simulation workstations and clusters. Had a few sales (~$50k in first 4 months, but you must realize margin isn't crazy on computers) and I'm really happy to have started that on the side.

Overall just really busy with work, business on the side, and work on the new house I bought only earlier this year. When I can thought I definitely still squeeze in video games. Probably gotta get started on growing the family soon too (I'm 31 now). And I agree with Rope. I really miss playing CS or SC until the sun comes up. I don't even own the latest CS (I've really shifted more towards strategy games & RPGs than FPS over the years.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

damn we all growns up!

baby #2 is due this november (it's a boy this time around!!). once he's born i'm probably getting snipped (eek!).

i quit my job and along with my brother and his wife (she put in her 2 weeks yesterday) we're starting our own independent game company. it's something we've always wanted to do and we all just decided "fuck it" it's now or never (i'll be 40 next year). it's exciting but stressful (especially with another baby on the way). i'm teaching myself c#.

we don't have anything to show YET but i'll definitely be posting when we do our first kickstarter campaign, probably near the end of this year. wish us luck :)

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

HangOver wrote:damn we all growns up!

baby #2 is due this november (it's a boy this time around!!). once he's born i'm probably getting snipped (eek!).

i quit my job and along with my brother and his wife (she put in her 2 weeks yesterday) we're starting our own independent game company. it's something we've always wanted to do and we all just decided "fuck it" it's now or never (i'll be 40 next year). it's exciting but stressful (especially with another baby on the way). i'm teaching myself c#.

we don't have anything to show YET but i'll definitely be posting when we do our first kickstarter campaign, probably near the end of this year. wish us luck :)

I gotta say Unity is pretty sweet for making almost anything. Rhys and I started putting something together a while back but we couldn't put time into it :P We had rudimentary network support, movement, shooting, Unity makes it so easy O.o

I definitely wanna check out what you guys are up to.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

yeah man unity is pretty bad ass. hell of a learning curve but once it "clicks" it's pretty great. i think we're gonna make some cool stuff with it. we have the drive and the creativity, now it just all comes down to "right place, right time".

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Guys. Same out here, same company traveling like a retard. My 2 little girls are growing up fast - 12 and 9 now and they've gotten into gaming themselves. So proud, i think lol .. I think back to our first GW LAN, that's where I found out I was gonna be a Papa. Good times. Don't forget about the gallery if you're feeling nostaligic: http://lan.wickednet.org/gallery/

Been wondering what to do with the site. It's become pretty dormant. I've turned off new user registration mainly because the second I open it, tons of fucking Chinese come in and create fake spam accounts. I can't update the phpBB software since it's been customized so much that no other theme works. Ah well.

Hang - What are you guys doing? Game development?

zel - Sorry to head of all the crap you're going through. We've all been there. Tyrant comes to mind. Haven't heard from him in ages but last I heard, things have been picking up for him.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

buzz wrote:Hang - What are you guys doing? Game development?

that's the plan. we've got years worth of ideas that we've been dreaming up and we finally just decided we were sick of TALKING about it :) gonna start small(ish) and see if we can get any attention. our ideas are (in our minds) pretty great but with this stuff it always comes down to "right place, right time"... basically LUCK. so hopefully luck will be on our side here :)

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

God damn zel. At least this didn't turn into one of those fake "how are you doing conversations where you just say i'm good how are you?" heh

I'm glad to hear from everyone!

I'm still here, bought my own place and living alone. Still fighting the good fight even though General Rope has fallen ill with a bad case of soon to be married...

Zel - keep your head up baby, there is no other choice
Hang - that sounds awesome man. keep us posted!
Spart - Good to hear you got yoru business going man
Buzz - When the fuck am i gonna get to see you? :( we live like 2 miles away. this guy is jet setting around the world all year round now

As for the site I say leave it like it is (it's classic!) sucks about people not being able to log in

Can we have some sort of meet. Forget the lanning I know you lazy old farts ain't moving a damn machine. But lots of us living driving distance from each other. Could at least hang for a weekend at some point.

If you're ever in miami hit me up!

Never change
K.I.T.
XOXO

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

-wicked-toon-X wrote:Can we have some sort of meet. Forget the lanning I know you lazy old farts ain't moving a damn machine. But lots of us living driving distance from each other. Could at least hang for a weekend at some point.

i was thinking about that too. i am, as always, willing to host but i'm up in delray which is a bit of a hike for you miami people :)

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Thanks guys :) I am hanging in there, I ain't giving up :P

Toon - haha, yea i don't like to lie about stuff like that especially to friends and family. If someone asks i'll tell em! :) Besides, people can't help if they don't know what's up. I'm past the initial depression from the crappening (when it all went to shit) back last august. Right now we get along great but she keeps her distance physically and such but like I said, i'm not giving up easily, not so long as she's still around :P

Either way if it all goes down the tubes i'll post a new thread and see who wants to get some beers with me so I can drown myself in alcohol one night and get it over with. As much as I'm preparing myself for the worst I know that if it happens I'm going to need to get it out of my system.

I could do a meet up in Miami but i'd have to head home the same day :P

Return to General