AAaaaah, WTF is with Worldspawn?

Report any problems with the website here.
[Creep]-Tyrant

AAaaaah, WTF is with Worldspawn?

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:49 pm

Um, I dunno what is up with worldspawning, but wow, i got worldspawned 18 times in Mansion last night, then map went to speedball, second round and BANG worldspawned again!! Anyone know why this happens, i would understand it better if it was too many players in teh server, but why the same person getting worldspawned EVERY SINGLE ROUND? Any Ideas? Eyez, is it your revenge for the asx killbot or sth? lol

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:35 am

sure...obviously its cause there are not enough spawns and u spawn on someone else...why it would happen to only u...well

probably its because of the user ID number, now if it spawns people in order of their userID u wouldnt normally notice it except the person wiht highest ID would usually be the one killed by worldspawn. THe server also recycles numbers so if after u it started anding out lower numbers...then i couls also see why it happened to u mostly.

Disclaimer:
THIS IS A COMPLETE STAB IN THE DARK, OUT OF MY ASS, GUESS!

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:33 am

Wouldn't mind a piece o' that Canadian!!
lol
thnx, I was just curious cuz it happened so many times, also I always spwned on top of the same Teammate each round.

EyezX

Postby EyezX on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:05 pm

lol tyrant it happens to the best of us.. its just ur luck, basically if you go ver 9 on mansion on T side someone will get spawned cuz theres only 9 spawn locations. i think thats the problem.. someone who knows maps should edit the map and put a few more spawn points like some downstairs

sideshow
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby sideshow on Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:18 am

spawn points are the same for the entire map. there are maybe 5-6 different positions that everyone spawns to.

(example: EVERY TIME i spawn near the little hole in wall once on CT, the same noob spawned in front of it and wouldn't move)

it randomizes which of the 5-6 positions it uses at spawn time. for you, in a major unlucky way, it randomized 18/20 or so times that you were the odd man out. ha ha!

(another guess).

Return to Bugs