Server Status Image

Place blocks, run from skeletons
buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Server Status Image

Postby buzz on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:28 pm

My only option really is to put it in the forum rules but then it shows up in every new topic, reply, etc. Kinda tacky, no?

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Server Status Image

Postby zel on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Hmmmm, kinda, I wish I could pare down the image, make it simpler. I wonder if I can find a way to make it smaller and more concise and match the forums more. Then it wouldn't be such an eye sore. I'll dig around in the MCMA folder and see how that thing gets generated and if it can be customized.

Worst case scenario i'll just leave it in my sig and we'll sticky server info on a thread.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:19 pm

What I typically do is create a topic and sticky it with all the server info and anything else relevant ..

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:28 pm

That sounds like the best option cause it just doesn't go with everything else and it's rather intrusive, there isn't much in the way of customizing it either. I'll make a status thread in a few and along with that I think i'll start a whitelist thread and get that sticky too so i can keep it updated, not that the server is listed in the public minecraft list but if someone stumbles on the forums here i don't want them to run in there and blow up everything and then i have to restore a backup.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 pm

i am so hard right now.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:40 pm

OK got 1 thread with info status and whitelist, turns out with the updated MCMA software now you CAN customize the background pic so, anyone with skills want to make a status image background that looks a little nicer/matches the boards? the text isn't customizable far as i know so the current example is the template though the length can be longer or shorter.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 pm

cool, i stickified the one you made.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:41 pm

personally i would remove the forum rules part, even with the improved banner. it's sort of an eyesore. the sticky thread covers the essential info.

Return to Minecraft