Minecraft.

Place blocks, run from skeletons
zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Minecraft.

Postby zel on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 am

whitelist is off right now so you're fine. I'll add you to mods tho just so you can take care of business in case anything weird happens

PCMILPH

Postby PCMILPH on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm

i cant get on atm it says outdated client tho i just ran updates etc

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Probably won't work until the server is updated with .2.6.02

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 am

There is a new mandatory update dropped yesterday, latest server version is 0.2.7, submitted a ticket to get it updated. More than likely they're updating everyones servers right now. I'll update here once they notify me.

OK so apparently the hMod was outdated and it killed the server process so they updated that mod and we're good now.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:03 pm

So with 0.2.7 there is a new bug, yay! entities will, for some reason, leave copies of itself behind every so often. these are collidable but non-functioning copies of the original entity. So it will appear that there are massive amounts of mobs spawning but its actually just a few mobs that have multiplied themselves. Hopefully he'll drop a fix for that soon :/

for now i have turned off all mobs because it sucks and you can't kill the shadow-copies.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:10 pm

For fuck's sake, I don't think he ever tests anything before pushing it out... 5 minutes of playtesting would expose most of the huge bugs that appear right after most patches.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 pm

100% truth. Its funny because it would take approximately 2 minutes to notice this bug and yet, here we are.

James

Postby James on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am

I guess this is not a bug on all servers....don't know why it would only be selective but in reading the comments after the patch only a few have mentioned this same problem.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Ya, i noticed that too. I wonder what the hell is different and why me??? WHY ME?!!?!?

Also: for some reason the server does not come back up after the daily reboot.... wtf? sigh, gonna try and get that fixed now.

Edit: ok so the server comes up but for some reason the services, mc server and McMyAdmin panel, do not want to start up. I got a ticket in, hopefully that can get fixed. I got a bad feeling that when I was screwing around with making that auto backup script it screwed something up cause for a while I was auto-deleting crap in the home/minecraft folder instead of /home/minecraft/backups lol sooooooooo, I'll have them check it out and replace anything i deleted, doh!

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 pm

OK so it wouldn't start back up cause of a stupid change i made that i forgot about. I was trying to fix the whole url problem with accessing the control panel by adding the dyndns entry into the config as a second hostname and that was preventing it from starting up. Which is weird cause i thought i tested it but it turns out i didnt test it right :P anyhow the server shouldn't do that naymore hehe :P

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Update #5 is up and the whole mob-multiplication bug seems to have been taken care of. I've turned all mobs back on so watch your ass!

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Can you add me again to the whitelist? Username: Droogan

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

There isn't a whitelist for now but i did add you to the mods.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Holy crap man, we NEED to fortify the damn area where the chests are, i had a creeper apepar out of nowhere and blow up the large chest where the furnaces are and i had to roll the map back a half hour :P

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Need to give this a shot: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 25&t=95739

Renders map info to be used with Google maps API using Java so we can run it on the server without much trouble, only problem is where to run it off of since the server that runs minecraft doesn't have an actual web server it simply has a mini-server that runs the control panel and thats it. hmmm, should prolly run it on something else anyhow since i'll chew up bandwidth/cpu while we play and lag stuff up prolly. hmmmmmm

Also, i put up 4 renders at http://picasaweb.google.com/Alan.Colon/ ... directlink

the last 2 letters in the filename indicate North, so LL means north is lower left corner, UL upper left, so on and so forth.

PreviousNext

Return to Minecraft