OpenWarfare Trial Weekend

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: OpenWarfare Trial Weekend

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:19 am

i dont know, most people use m14 anyway...plus the game is supposed to be replayable...i think that any hardcore player wouldn't mind the challenge of starting over.

On another note, can that same person go to another server in the mod and continue their rankage?

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:53 am

I don't care if we have to rank up again or if it's all open, just turn it on!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:37 am

lex: as long as we don't change the name of the openwarfare mod's folder which we didn't than you can go
from server to server and you'd still keep the ranking and the rest.

i thought the server had stayed on openwarfare since last time we played it?

have you guys seen anyone stay and play along with us for more than five minutes? i haven't yet but that could
just be that they don't know what is going on when they join hehe.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:47 am

when we play regular cod4, we get random ppl joining all the time. we played open warefare for 4+ hours last night and not one person joined.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:44 pm

If we keep the mod can we pretty please active a 2 sec spawn protection? I'm getting real sick of spawning and dying several times in a row. It really makes me just want to leave when that happens. The only other issue I have is with the TKing but with that I just shoot the guy the next time I spawn (that is if I don't die right away).

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 pm

spawn protection is a bit tricky.

sounds like a good idea right but than you just wait till someone isn't looking at you to start shooting or duck
for cover while you are still protected. i'm iffy on spawn protection. we can try it out but it just seems unnecessary to me
since you re-spawn every 5 seconds

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:01 pm

I don't know man I've had it happen 6 times in a row, and then my teammate kills me the 7th time coming around a corner. that's more than a minute just watching the screen and being able to do nothing. I know you've seen me just drop out of the game without saying anything sometimes and that's usually why i leave, I get so pissed I just have to leave and take a walk.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 pm

i don't think the problem is spawn protection so much as shitty spawn locations. especially on SAB which is when i'm sure you're having your issues. until the attacking team actually plants the bomb, the opposing team will spawn RIGHT on the bomb site. i don't really see another way around it though. if we turn spawn protection on, we'll get way more complaints about shooting people and wasting a whole clip while they are spawn protected, and then they turn and calmly blast you while you're reloading. that, to me, would be far more annoying.

as for TKs ... team kills are gonna happen. it's unavoidable. we all do it. of course, i had a case of the TK blues last night. couldn't stop pluggin' teammates lol.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:43 pm

maybe i get magic positions or something but can't remember getting killed after spawning more than once
a map maybe.

just gotta be ready for the action baby hehe

we try turning it on but i know i can abuse it since it keeps you protected till you fire and for a few seconds
you get yourself out of a sticky situation and onto a safer place to fire from, that right there is enough for
me to not like it because than the person that saw you is the one that will get screwed and be like wtf he ran
off because of spawn protection.

hmm i wonder if there is a way to mess with the spawning system somehow.

eventhough it'll be very hard to make it ok in sab maps where you are protecting a bomb site. if you are spawned
too far than you end up letting the bomb go off but if you spawn too close you are the other teams ass in a sec or
spawn right next to them or some shit like that.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:03 pm

spawn protection will KILL sab. think about it. they spawn and are invincible while they spec out the attacking teams positions. no thanks.

Previous

Return to Call Of Duty 4