COD5, looks sweet

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:42 pm

yeah but that doesn't matter, gamers don't give three shits. they want a new place and era to play in. you can
make tons of stories that don't involve anything.

war is an atrocity no matter how you paint it, nobody playing cod4 is like omg i can't play this because we
are at war right now and wouldn't be right to "play" when there is something so serious going on.

there is a big disconnect between the two. don't know if thats good or bad but it's the way it is.

you just want to shoot people in a video game.

shikodo
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Toronto Canada Eh!.gif

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby shikodo on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Actually, I played the Vietnam game Vietcong and the story lines were pretty cool. The multi player was even pretty awesome. I think this will kick ass ;)

shik

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Delray Beach

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby HangOver on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:50 pm

vietnam wasn't a war. and we didn't commit any more/less crimes in vietnam than any other war.

shikodo
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Toronto Canada Eh!.gif

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby shikodo on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:32 pm

-wicked-toon-X wrote:you just want to shoot people in a video game.


Correction:

we just want to shoot toon in a video game 8)

shik

kelston
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:09 am
Location: Bayside, NY

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby kelston on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:39 pm

HangOver wrote:vietnam wasn't a war. and we didn't commit any more/less crimes in vietnam than any other war.


Except more people know and complain about the My Lai massacre than for us firebombing Tokyo or for the RAF bombing Berlin despite being clear civilian targets.

It doesn't matter what some gamers will think about shooting the shit out of Vietcong instead of Nazis. Universally, Nazis are viewed as bad guys. Everyone can go fuck the Nazis. Almost everyone can say fuck the terrorists. Not everyone can go fuck the VC. And that's what will matter when you're making a game and trying to get funding for it. Because your production house answers to shareholders.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:21 am

kelston you have a skewed view of reality.

Phyrez
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Omicron Theta System, Freeport 9

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby Phyrez on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:50 am

I could be shooting soldiers, teletubbies, or the Predator. It doesn't matter. So long as i get to kill toon and tea-bag his corpse.

kelston
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:09 am
Location: Bayside, NY

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby kelston on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:19 am

-wicked-toon-X wrote:kelston you have a skewed view of reality.


Tell me how I am wrong. PR matters to investors. You and me might not give a shit who we shoot in a video game because we're not Jack Thompson, but the ppl who shell out money from video games go to the church with him sometimes. Why do you think there will be Madden 3057 after we're all wormfood but we'll never see Call of Duty: Mississippi National Guard 1964 no matter how good your story is.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6307
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Omicron Percei 8 .gif

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby buzz on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:10 am

Man, I can't wait for COD:MNG'64

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Delray Beach

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby HangOver on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:03 am

kelston wrote:
-wicked-toon-X wrote:kelston you have a skewed view of reality.


Tell me how I am wrong. PR matters to investors. You and me might not give a shit who we shoot in a video game because we're not Jack Thompson, but the ppl who shell out money from video games go to the church with him sometimes. Why do you think there will be Madden 3057 after we're all wormfood but we'll never see Call of Duty: Mississippi National Guard 1964 no matter how good your story is.


so games like postal would never get made?

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:23 pm

you are giving people too much credit. people barely know what is going on in iraq you think they really
care about what happened in a war almost 40 years ago?

kelston
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:09 am
Location: Bayside, NY

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby kelston on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:30 pm

HangOver wrote:
kelston wrote:
-wicked-toon-X wrote:kelston you have a skewed view of reality.


Tell me how I am wrong. PR matters to investors. You and me might not give a shit who we shoot in a video game because we're not Jack Thompson, but the ppl who shell out money from video games go to the church with him sometimes. Why do you think there will be Madden 3057 after we're all wormfood but we'll never see Call of Duty: Mississippi National Guard 1964 no matter how good your story is.


so games like postal would never get made?


Postal was published by Ripcord Games, famous for publishing huge blockbuster titles like Terra Victus and Gorkamorka. Wait, what?

Because some no named company publishes a game has no bearing on my statement stating that a pristine franchise like Call of Duty is at a disadvantage when it comes to tackling controversial wars. But I guess strawman logical fallacy is super popular.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Delray Beach

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby HangOver on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:51 am

ok grand theft auto 4. or is rockstar games a no name company?

kelston
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:09 am
Location: Bayside, NY

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby kelston on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:08 pm

I seem to recall a ton of lawsuits as well as an injunction to stop selling one title in the series unless it was marked Ao or re-coded. Confirm/deny?

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Location: Delray Beach

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby HangOver on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:14 pm

kelston wrote:I seem to recall a ton of lawsuits as well as an injunction to stop selling one title in the series unless it was marked Ao or re-coded. Confirm/deny?


definetly confirm. that supports my arguement. even with that negative publicity, they still greenlight the next title in the series. and besides, it's not even remotely close to that level of disapproval. they could cover TONS of areas and battles of vietnam that are exactly the same as covering nazis or iraqis or terrorists. they were the enemy and our boys (which is what cod is ALL about) had to fight em'. it would sell. like hotcakes.

i like hotcakes.

PreviousNext

Return to Call Of Duty 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron