COD5, looks sweet

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
shikodo

COD5, looks sweet

Postby shikodo on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:14 pm

kelston

Re: COD5, looks sweet

Postby kelston on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Did it just go back to World War 2 era, Pacific Theater?

-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 pm

why would they call it cod5...

i honestly dont think it would steal away much of the cod4 crowd unless they fix the minor things to make the game more enjoyable.

it looks like vietnam
Last edited by -]corrupt[- Lexon on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shikodo

Postby shikodo on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Kelston gets the gold star. Pacific Theatre. I do admit, I low ww2 stuff though! Red Orchestra is a source mod I play and it's pretty sweet as well.

shik

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:55 am

i just wish they'd leave ww2 and move on. i'd love a vietnam cod story.

at the end of the trailer it says "games for windows" so i'm assuming it will hit the PC. and since i've actually bought every other cod game, i'm sure i'll buy this one too. even though it's made by the same people that did cod3 (non-Pc) and it was by far the worst of the series. we'll see.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm with you man, they've done ww2 to death. they need to move on. They upped the bar with cod4 so much story wise they should keep it going forward, there's so much they can do with it.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:41 pm

hang told me that they rotate who makes the games

and so it seems the people that made 2 and 4 will probably do 6 and they seem to be kicking ass

ww2 is way over done but what is great for game play is all of the weapons they used and the places and we
all have a hard on for wwII

i do agree that this last one was the shit! and they should continue it but if they do i'd like the same people
that did 4 to do it. keep those cod3 people away!

and on the Vietnam thing, i played both Vietcong and battlefield vietnam and the main thing about that theater
is that it's in jumgle, it makes for very hard game play, i think thats why most people didn't really like it so much
imagine just walking around in a jungle and you get shot, no clue from where over and over and over again
wasn't fun in game at all, just reminds you how fucking crazy that war was.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:15 pm

there was plenty of city fighting in vietnam. hue and saigon of course but there were others. tunnel combat could be cool too (at least in the single player campaign). i think the cod team could pull it off pretty well.

but in truth i think i'd rather cod6 continue from 4. we've gone modern, let's keep it that way and come up with kick ass stories.

kelston

Postby kelston on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:08 pm

WW2 was overdone except that every fuckin game developer did it for Europe. We've seen 90000 versions of Omaha beach, several of Battle of the Bulge.

But like, outside of the Wake Island and Midway maps on BF1942, no one did up a proper Pacific Theater game. Medal of Honor's attempt sucked fucking balls because Medal of Honor sucks. I want to play an Iwo Jima. I want to play a Pearl Harbor because CoD did freneticism so well that I would only trust the CoD franchise with properly portraying Pearl Harbor.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:17 pm

the problem with doing Pearl Harbor is that there was no ground fighting. there wouldnt be any one to shoot at on the ground.. you'd be shooting at planes the whole time.. Although it would make for an amazing first level if the guys that did cod4 did it.

kelston

Postby kelston on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:28 am

glitch wrote:the problem with doing Pearl Harbor is that there was no ground fighting. there wouldnt be any one to shoot at on the ground.. you'd be shooting at planes the whole time.. Although it would make for an amazing first level if the guys that did cod4 did it.

If the CoD4 guys did it, oh man, it would be an amazingly fun level like the fuckin C-130 level. That level was great.

Grace

Postby Grace on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:35 pm

i didn't think battlefield Vietnam had much of a jungle issue.

i played this game in a ladder with a clan...ODR. thought it was great. good times...love flying...
i think COD4 has more of a issue with spotting people then BFV did.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:27 pm

in vietcong it was though really bad.

and battlefield games suck balls

sure it's fun for a bit to fly and use cars and stuff but it's not a game i can play for long periods of time
people just rush for the vehicles and eat shit in them, what's the point of being on foot in that game?

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:32 pm

the cod team (non cod3 team) has shown their incredible ability to make a great game based on STORY alone. i think they could be the ones to finally do justice to a vietnam game.

kelston

Postby kelston on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:31 pm

It is probably hard to make a story for a war we lost and is infamous for the war crimes we committed tbh. If I had a franchise like CoD, I wouldn't touch Vietnam. I'd sooner make a Civil and Revolutionary war version.

Next

Return to Call Of Duty 4