Map Rotation

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Map Rotation

Postby HangOver on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 pm

true. i HAVE noticed that even though they don't chat back, they DO listen. when i yell "DON'T RUN IN THERE" they usually stop. cept for phy, but that's ok because we trade FF nades all the time.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm

well now that their is like 10 of us on vent and we are all on different teams we should start using team chat
more often. so you don't tell everyone to get away from an area when you are airstriking hahah

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:06 pm

I think as an experiment I will try using only team chat for a while, and see if I can get anyone else to chat. Toon, or Hang and I should go on the same team and chat normally and see what happens. I'm hoping we can attract some of those funny talkers like in CS(eg.. coconut monkey, moulinex).

I'll still listen in on Vent though.

Boonie

Postby Boonie on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm not sure if All Talk is an option but I like this feature. Most of the good community servers that I have played in on DoD have been All Talk servers. It just seems like it helps to grow more of a friendly community atmosphere. Just my $.02

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Boonie wrote:I'm not sure if All Talk is an option but I like this feature. Most of the good community servers that I have played in on DoD have been All Talk servers. It just seems like it helps to grow more of a friendly community atmosphere. Just my $.02

but that kills the tactical advantage of working as a team since the other team can hear you. that's why we should just use both. game chat for tac, vent for all chat. *shrugs*

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:12 pm

I don't think tactics are a huge issue with the gameplay modes except for search and destroy where you don't respawn. There's just not that much tactical incentive when you respawn in the same round. The community aspect I think would help the server grow more so All Talk is probably a better choice. Hearing the conversations that take place between all of us will probably to more to get people involved than just team chat I think. Some of the best chatter is usually between you and the guy on the opposite team trading insults and the like..

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:54 pm

if we turn on all chat we need to turn OFF friendly fire. it's nice to be able to let your team know that you are on the capture point without letting the other team know as well. it's actually kind of crucial. so if we don't have that ability we need to not be able to kill teammates, otherwise, paul will slaughter his entire team with nades.

Toede

Postby Toede on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:57 pm

We didn't have all talk on the CS server did we? or was it all talk once you were dead?

Toede

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:17 am

nope we didn't have any of this shit. we typed which is what i still do haha

i think it's fine the way we have it. get on vent to talk shit. in game i talk to team mates for help. when people
start getting better as teams you'll see how tactics matter. it doesn't matter because nobody is doing it. if 4
of us are on one team and start playing as a team and talking to each other the other side will have a tough
time keeping up with us. i really believe thats true.

it's fine the way it is, just talk to your damn team when you are talking about game affecting things, haha
don't start saying you are air striking an area on vent than everyone knows and so on, or i'm at the point
don't nade... or whatever else is dumb to tell everyone.

thats really the reason why i even brought it up.

in one game i kept saying "i'm on point dont' nade" eventually our random team mate was typing that to team since
i guess he didn't have a mic, he kept typing it when he was on point so we wouldnt' nade him.

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 am

I think I made some success during last night's play. I got some of the Bears to talk back and some of the new random players as well. Plus there was alot more typing as also.
I honestly don't mind either keeping it Team only, or all talk. But I think we should definetly try harder to use in-game chat more.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:19 pm

i'm really against all talk. thats why we have vent.

i'm just saying that some of you guys start talking in vent to say things to your team mates even when theres nobody on vent on your team hahha

another thing, you bitches need to stop telling people where people are and all that on vent, you cheap bastards.

i've talked to people in our server now. was even thinking of just not getting on vent anymore ;D haha but i can't help wanting
to talk shit with the group AHHHH

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:09 pm

oh ok so yeah

top 3 maps to remove.

1. Bog
2. Wetwork (ship)
3. countdown
4.showdown

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm

I just wanna know where youz bitches have been, I finally got the game and have only seen toon and phy in the server.
So what's up with that?
Are you just too scared of me uber l33t dying hax?

But yea, on the vent note, I been trying to make a point to use the ingame for team tactical chat, but I forget a lot of time, just got so used to vent ever since the old CS server went bye-bye that now I can't seem to get myself back in the habit of using ingame voip, but I'll keep working on it, I think vent is great for admin purposes, but it does seem to alienate people a little if nobody ever speaks in game.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 am

so when are we going to remove a map? haha

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 pm

okay, cargoship is gone. What's next?