WickedNET Hardcore Discussion

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

WickedNET Hardcore Discussion

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 pm

i was talking to everyone about creating our own set of things we turn on and off on our server

here's a full list of abilities available from OpenWarfare - Discuss!

New features:
- Ranked with custom classes (sorry Admins running Linux servers, I don't have a Linux server to test the mod so I really have no idea how this mod will behave on Linux servers but I know there's a problem with ranking that should be fixed on the next COD4 patch).
- Spawn protection based on time. It gets automatically disabled if the protected player fires a gun, uses the knife, or throws any type of grenade.
- Spawn protection hit icon, a player shooting a protected player receives a hit icon feedback indicating that such player is being spawn protected.
- Option to disable hit icons from direct hits, through walls, or both.
- Option to disable the Juggernaut feedback icon.
- Option to move progress bars (capturing/destroying HQs, planting bombs, etc) to the bottom of the screen so it's not in the middle.
- Option to adjust fall damage height.
- Option to force auto assign so players can't pick a certain team.
- New health regeneration method that it's more progressive based on time.
- Option to disable the pain sounds.
- Option to set the health amount.
- Option to enable blood splatters when taking damage.
- Option to enable headshot blood splatter feedback.
- Option to enable knife blood splatter feedback.
- Option to enable anti bunny-hopping (I'm really proud of this implementation).
- Option to set the speed of the players based on what weapon they carry.
- Option to decrease the speed of the player by 12.5% if the player is using the Overkill perk.
- Option to disable the KILL icon and icons on the minimaps for the bomb carrier in Sabotage.
- Option to disable the flashing of the icons in Headquarters.
- Option to disable the flashing of the icons and the announcer in Domination when losing a flag.
- Option to disable hardpoints (UAV, Airstrike, Heli)
- Option to remove hardpoints upon death (if you get a hardpoint before you die you won't have that hardpoint when you spawn next time)
- Option to cycle hardpoints without dying. Let's say you set to have hardpoint like in stock, if you don't die to will get the following hardpoints at the following kill streaks 3=UAV, 5=Airstrike, 7=Heli, 10=UAV, 12=Airstrike, 14=Heli, 17=UAV, etc.
- Option to change the number of kill streaks to get a hardpoint.
- Option to change the life spam of the UAV.
- Option to disable the announcer telling the enemy the UAV is going online.
- Option to set an interval (in seconds) between airstrikes for the same team. For example, set this to 90 and each team will only be allowed to use airstrikes every 90 seconds.
- Option to disable the announcer telling the enemy an airstrike is coming.
- Option to disable airstrike kills count toward the kill streak (thanks to Number7 for the idea!).
- Option to set an interval (in seconds) between helicopters for the same team. For example, set this to 90 and each team will only be allowed to use helicopters every 90 seconds.
- Option to disable the announcer telling the enemy a helicopter is coming.
- Option to disable helicopter kills count toward the kill streak (thanks to Number7 for the idea!).
- Option to setup messages that rotate in the server (no limitation of number of messages).
- Option to setup banner messages on the bottom of the screen that rotate in the server (no limitation of number of banners).
- Option to disable any perk. If a player spawns using a custom class that uses a restricted perk the perk will be removed from the player at that point.
- Option to check for frag grenades for Martyrdom. A player using the Martyrdom perk needs to have at least one frag grenade left in their inventory for Martyrdom to work at the time of their death.
- Options to control which options under voting should be enabled/disabled.
- Some custom maps have been added to the standard voting menus until I develop a new map voting system. Please be careful with this as it might crash your server if a map that you don't have in your server wins the vote.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WickedNET Hardcore Discussion

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:01 pm

these are the ones we should take a look at. don't know what you guys think.

New features:
- Ranked with custom classes (sorry Admins running Linux servers, I don't have a Linux server to test the mod so I really have no idea how this mod will behave on Linux servers but I know there's a problem with ranking that should be fixed on the next COD4 patch).
- Spawn protection based on time. It gets automatically disabled if the protected player fires a gun, uses the knife, or throws any type of grenade.
- Spawn protection hit icon, a player shooting a protected player receives a hit icon feedback indicating that such player is being spawn protected.
- Option to move progress bars (capturing/destroying HQs, planting bombs, etc) to the bottom of the screen so it's not in the middle.
- Option to enable anti bunny-hopping (I'm really proud of this implementation).
- Option to decrease the speed of the player by 12.5% if the player is using the Overkill perk.
- Option to disable the KILL icon and icons on the minimaps for the bomb carrier in Sabotage.
- Option to disable the flashing of the icons and the announcer in Domination when losing a flag.
- Option to remove hardpoints upon death (if you get a hardpoint before you die you won't have that hardpoint when you spawn next time)
- Option to cycle hardpoints without dying. Let's say you set to have hardpoint like in stock, if you don't die to will get the following hardpoints at the following kill streaks 3=UAV, 5=Airstrike, 7=Heli, 10=UAV, 12=Airstrike, 14=Heli, 17=UAV, etc.
- Option to set an interval (in seconds) between airstrikes for the same team. For example, set this to 90 and each team will only be allowed to use airstrikes every 90 seconds.
- Option to disable airstrike kills count toward the kill streak (thanks to Number7 for the idea!).
- Option to set an interval (in seconds) between helicopters for the same team. For example, set this to 90 and each team will only be allowed to use helicopters every 90 seconds.
- Option to disable helicopter kills count toward the kill streak (thanks to Number7 for the idea!).
- Option to setup messages that rotate in the server (no limitation of number of messages).
- Option to setup banner messages on the bottom of the screen that rotate in the server (no limitation of number of banners).
- Option to disable any perk. If a player spawns using a custom class that uses a restricted perk the perk will be removed from the player at that point.
- Option to check for frag grenades for Martyrdom. A player using the Martyrdom perk needs to have at least one frag grenade left in their inventory for Martyrdom to work at the time of their death.
- Some custom maps have been added to the standard voting menus until I develop a new map voting system. Please be careful with this as it might crash your server if a map that you don't have in your server wins the vote.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:07 pm

here's my thoughts.

- Ranked with custom classes.
dope
could be cool but also VERY frustrating if you can't kill them, they shoot and kill you.
mega ultra super uber dope
i didn't know there was a juggernaut icon
dope
dope
hell fucking yes
no clue
neg
hmm
no
no
no
never really noticed bunny hopping
as long as it's what weaponS they are carrying i'm for it. but you shouldn't run faster with your knife out since you're still carrying your other weapons. if dropping weapons made you faster, it would be cool.
neat enough i guess but that perk takes a slot away from other good perks, which, in my opinion, is enough of a handicap. i guess if we did the above weight one this would make sense.
dope
dope
get rid of the announcer for EVERY game mode
unnecessary in my opinion as long as we can control these better
could work well ...
hell no. at least now the cheaters have to DIE in order to abuse the hardpoints lol
it will take some playing around with to get right but i like this option
i'm assuming he means life spaN. not sure about this. i hate the uav period.
dope
VERY dope
dope
FUCK YES
VERY dope
dope
FUCK YES
already does this but if it's easier, bonus
dope
hmm not sure. i hate marty but this mod fixes it :)
i just came in my pants
shrugs
would be nice to have customs show up for voting

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:03 pm

I don't want to deviate too much from the norm. I like some of the quirks in the game.

What I WOULD change:

New features:
- Ranked with custom classes
Yes

YES YES FUCKING YES!

Absolutley! At least 20 secs between!
Absolutley! At least 30 secs between!

Definitely!

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm

all the points I would change have already been discussed

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:54 am

add your thoughts either way so taht we can determine the ones that are going in for sure. ;D

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:06 pm

You should tell the guy that's making the mod to check this topic out for more ideas and discussion

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:50 pm

but thats why he has hi forum ;D haha

either way i think we aren't adding anything here just trying to see what would be good for our tastes ;D

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Alright then here goes..

New features:
This I want (I know it means starting over and I don't mind)
- Ranked with custom classes (sorry Admins running Linux servers, I don't have a Linux server to test the mod so I really have no idea how this mod will behave on Linux servers but I know
there's a problem with ranking that should be fixed on the next COD4 patch).

Not a big problem I think ( it's annoying getting killed by the same air strike twice, but it's not an issue if there's a decent respawn delay)

I kinda like the notices but I wouldn't miss it either.

Doesn't bother me

??? Seems fine to me

Not like it so much, sometimes you WANT to play with your wicked breatheren to whoop some ass an some n00bs. stacking is not a huge issue on our server (yet?)

Not sure how this one works in hardcore usually one or two shots and you die anyway

what's the point?

I think the default is fine ( at least on hardcore mode)

I this is the thing that covers your screen when you die I don't care for it ( if it's when you shoot other players then yes)

I'd like to see this in action before deciding

It's got potential again I'd like to see it in action

Yes I think this would make the game harder and more interesting

It's a good part of the game when used wisely so, No

This one could really limit the overuse of these options if combined with the time limit between using them below.

No

It'll have to be tried with different settings

Shorter maybe? definitely not longer.

Yes please

Could be good if combined with the option above to remove hardpoint if when you die.

Yes

Yes please

See my comment above about airstrikes.

Yes please they'll find out soon enough ;)

Yes please

Fine if not over done

See comment above

All the perks serve a purpose and if the next option is implemented there should be no need for this.

This should have been part of the game from the beginning I think, Big YES here.

Could come in handy in the future. don't see much need for it now though.

I think we can wait for the final version of this since we'd only be running custom map with an admin present any way, right?

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Personally I used to be a Jenna Jameson fan, but now I've moved on to unknowns with more of a normal/natural look. Also I prefer not to have the camera on the guy's face for long periods of time.

*(Just responding to the Subject of this thread).

Return to Call Of Duty 4