OpenWarfare

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

OpenWarfare

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sat May 31, 2008 9:04 pm

a few days ago hangover ran into this link http://forums.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=4603 while
we were talking about different ways to make the game better and so on. Well a guy named t3chn0r has created
a mod which basically already has everything we thought would be good.

This is his website for his project. Basically it's an open source mod which allows for people to build on and so on.

http://openwarfare.no-ip.org/forums/index.php

i said hi on behalf of wickednet. I'm sure we will be trying this mod out soon. make sure you look at the first link
in there he put a full list of features and screen shots of some of it at work.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: OpenWarfare

Postby HangOver on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 am

aw yeah.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 am

i did a request for domination. http://openwarfare.no-ip.org/forums/vie ... ?f=10&t=31

;D

also check this new cool feature. http://files.filefront.com/openwarfare+ ... einfo.html
really bad ass. allows you to disarm your explosives. take them back basically and than use them elsewhere.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 pm

-wicked-toon-X wrote:i did a request for domination. http://openwarfare.no-ip.org/forums/vie ... ?f=10&t=31

excellent idea.

-wicked-toon-X wrote:also check this new cool feature. http://files.filefront.com/openwarfare+ ... einfo.html
really bad ass. allows you to disarm your explosives. take them back basically and than use them elsewhere.

very cool. however i think the way they are now helps balance gameplay. we'll have to see.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:06 pm

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 pm

0.0.2 wrote:-Option to allow certain players (via GUID) to free spectate regarding what the spectate type is for the rest of the players (this can be used by high rank admins or a person with a judging role during a match)
- Option to disable the player status on the scoreboard (you can't see if a player is dead or not)

dope.

0.0.2 wrote:- Option to disable the enemy tag names
- Option to disable friendly tag names

while i would love this i think we'd see WAY too many teamkills.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:22 pm

the enemy one wouldn't be so bad and would actually help since sometimes you get confused when you see
a name and assume it's a team mate.

the team mate one would be nuts in this game, camouflage here actually works and i think it would slow the game
down way too much, i don't want to play rainbow six ;D.

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:37 pm

-wicked-toon-X wrote:the enemy one wouldn't be so bad and would actually help since sometimes you get confused when you see
a name and assume it's a team mate.

It's actually the opposite for me, I don't see a name and assume it's an enemy and shoot it. And it turns out to be my teammate...Usually matt...

I say leave name tags on. If there were only two different factions it would be easier, but there are Marines, OpFor, Spetnas, SAS. Hard to remember who you're shooting at.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:49 pm

i'm just remembering back to the cod1 days when i played the realism mod. there were NO onscreen displays. it was really awesome. i tend to like ultra realism though and the server i played on was filled with skill so there really wasn't too much TKing.

i'd also like to remove the kill list. it shouldn't tell you or anyone else that you killed people.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm

i don't care if the names were removed, i don't have that problem. even with my eye issue i don't really look
at the names. the only times it helps me is when it's dark or at distance but then again thats the game helping
you out, it's getting in the way of you and your skill ;D

i think there is an option to remove the notification icon when someone is dead
like when you hit tab, it tells you who is dead and who is alive.

a lot of this basically gets changed if there is communication with team mates. you'd know there was nobody left
alive if you had communication.

i'd also like to remove the kill list. it shouldn't tell you or anyone else that you killed people.

do you mean the list on the bottom left that shows person 1 killed person 2 with p90?

you know me i'm against the game interfering i your decission making. things should be given to you like that.

knowing you killed someone changes what you do after that, knowing how many people are left on your team and
the other team changes what you do, knowing someone is at a point taking it, knowing airstrikes are coming

and all of that is just given to you with no effort of your own, i think thats why nobody ever talks in that game
you don't have to know what your team mates are up to, theres nothing they are going to tell you that you don't
already get automatically.

Wicked Hard Core baby! ;D

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:58 pm

-wicked-toon-X wrote:Wicked Hard Core baby! ;D

awww yeah.

another suggestion would be to make the uav only show you if you are visible to the sky. once you go inside it should 'lose' you. i think that would help a lot.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 pm

i don't know if that can even be done though because the little map is nothing more than a picture and the
dot moves around within that plane.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:03 pm

ok just got so frustrated playing search and destroy i had to leave.

FUCKING ICON! STOP FUCKING TELLING THEM WHERE I AM WITH THE FUCKING BOMB!

omfg it's like the game was made for children. fuck. even cs didn't give you any of that info. shit it didn't even tell you in which bomb site it was planted. AHHH

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:18 pm

0.0.2 version released of OpenWarfare adding some more options for the server admin

http://openwarfare.no-ip.org/forums/vie ... ?f=11&t=51

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:57 am

so when are we trying this? i think we should do it one of these weekends. i think there is enough of us that
can play in order to draw others to check it out ;D

perhaps this weekend?

Next

Return to Call Of Duty 4