OpenWarfare

It's what all the kids are playing these days...
HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: OpenWarfare

Postby HangOver on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:00 pm

-wicked-toon-X wrote:so when are we trying this? i think we should do it one of these weekends. i think there is enough of us that
can play in order to draw others to check it out ;D

perhaps this weekend?

i'm down. i'll be back playing again soon.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:06 pm

when you gonna be back? we'll do it then.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 am

just made this request. hehe
i really would like to try and get this wickednet extreme hard core going ;D WEHC
hurry up with your project hang so we can give this shit a shot one of these weekends. you coming back any time soon?
might have to go without you ;D

hello again

just a few things that have been going round my head

question: in HQ does the game keep track of who came to a capture point first, second, third and so on? If not is there a way to do this?

I ask because i was wondering if there would a way to give points like #1 - 100|#2 - 75|#3 - 50|#4 25 when a point
was captured by a group.

Tracers. Any way to turn off the tracers on weapons. Perhaps on everything but the LMGs and the mounted LMGs around the map?
i know this was put i guess to help players find out where they are getting shot from but it would be cool if you could get rid of them as an option.
At least for the weapons that don't have them normally.

-=- Kill Notifications =-

I was wondering about the sound generated when you hit someone. I know that the icons were removed but you still get a sound associated
with making contact. Can this also be an option? There is a sound when you shoot, head shot, nade someone, airstrike, and chopper someone.
Don't know if it's all just one trigger that does the same sound or if they are different, i know at least the head shot is the ding sound. I would imagine
that the knife sound would still stay since you are so close to the attack. It just seems silly when you get a hit across the map and you know you
hit him because you got a sound back.

Also wondering about the text that comes up in the bottom right of the screen which tells you "player one shot player two and with which weapon"
Is there a way to not show this on the hud so that a player doesn't know whether they have killed someone unless they get a visual. Along with that
one also goes the message in center screen that tells you that "you killed player one".

Don't know if most people notice but when you get killed your view gets directly shifted towards the person that killed you basically giving away their
position for your next spawn. I think this another bleh feature in the game that could be done without. Best to just let the player keep looking in the
direction they were when they died or maybe the screen goes black before you get switched to viewing a team mate.

thanks a lot everyone (technor hehe)

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:45 am

they released v 0.0.3 with a few more additions.

http://openwarfare.no-ip.org/forums/vie ... ?f=10&t=71

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:25 am

while playing today i was trying to see if the player name tags would be so hard but i don't think so and i'm color blind
it might take you a round to get situated before you know who are shooting at but for the most part they always play

one dark team with one light team

[ img ]

the only maps that would be a bitch would be ones where spetsnaz play royal marines (if they do) because both of
the gilie suites look the same hehe. then again that would make for some hard core shit.

i'd like to try EXTREME hard core and see how we do on our trial.

i would leave the clays to only hit team mates since if you made them able to hurt team mates people would just stop using them.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 pm

we'll probably be running it this weekend just to try it out. we'll see what happens.

i'll post some of the cool things that i activated or whatever. we'll go from there. add and remove as we see things
we don't like.

i've been thinking about the martyrdom perk. i think we shouldn't restricted, i know i was one of the people that
was like yeah that would be a good idea to check for the nade but that opens it up for a lot of other perks that
could be tweaked. the whole point of a perk is that it's not normal, you are getting like a super power. i know that
it kills team mates and all that but hey team mates get killed in all sorts of other ways so it's not unique in that and
that perk isn't good enough that every player will have it on so it's not like it gets abused some how.

a lmg with deep impact or whatever is ridiculous but i don't think we shouldn't allow it.
when you go on last stand it doesn't require that you had a clip or had reloaded, it always gives you amo and you
are already aiming at the player.
the perk that allows you to carry two primary weapons is nuts, yet you can run and everything just the same.

what i'm saying is if we start tweaking perks we'll end up tweaking all of them and unbalancing their worth.
you may just make them so weak that there would be no point of using them.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:08 am

they are releasing 1.0.0 soon

there are like 6 variables in there that we have been waiting and i've been requesting. really sweet.

this is the progress report
http://openwarfare.no-ip.org/forums/vie ... f=20&t=155

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:25 am

open warefare 1.0.0 wrote:Option to control the obituaries display (don't show them, show them all, or just show the teamkills).
Option to disable the center obituary (you killed/were killed by) messages on screen.

yay!

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:46 am

i got your back on the forums over there toon! we need to stick together! a united front! woooowhooooo!!!!!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:34 pm

hah noticed that ;D

yeah, it's sweet. they've hooked us up with plenty of dvars.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm

i love this technor guy. i posted this morning about not being able to jump and throw your c4 and he's already fixed it for the next release. what a stud.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:43 pm

open warfare 1.0.0 has been released. http://openwarfaremod.com/phpBB3/viewto ... f=20&t=199

also technor announced that they will be merging all of the abilities from Tactical Realism Mod

New features:
- Added custom firstblood and headshot Quake sounds (controlled by variable scr_quake_sounds).
- Removed text sent to the server log containing entities defined in the map.
- Fixed Helicopter time interval syntax error.
- Fixed a syntax error that was happening when a spawn protected player was being attacked but the attacker was dead.
- Added the ability to remove a player's planted explosives (C4 and claymores) when the player dies.
- Option to control the obituaries display (don't show them, show them all, or just show the teamkills).
- Option to disable the display of XP points gained in non-hardcore mode.
- Ability to set the amount of C4s, claymores, and RPGs given to players in unranked mode.
- Option to disable the center obituary (you killed/were killed by) messages on screen.
- Extended sv_mapRotation: when the 1024 char limit in sv_mapRotation is reached, the server admin can create a sv_mapRotation_1, sv_mapRotation_2, etc. variables and continue adding maps.
- Map randomization
- Gametype randomization
- Added new variable to control the compass (showing North, South, West, and East coordinates) that was forced upon players (in hardcore mode) in previous versions.
- Ability to delay the assignment of airstrikes and helicopters at the beginning of the round when the player has obtained them in a previous round.
- Power Rank. This functionality will promote a player to level 55 within 5 seconds of connecting to an OpenWarfare server runnning with power rank active.
- Ability to run a ready-up period again after switching sides.
- New bind key to drop the bomb.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:14 pm

ask and though shalt receive!

[ img ]

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 pm

jesus that fucking rocks! Where is this man's donation page??

Previous

Return to Call Of Duty 4