Custom Maps we should try on our server.

It's what all the kids are playing these days...

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom Maps we should try on our server.

Postby glitch on Mon May 26, 2008 4:26 pm

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

i looked through a lot of the maps, theres at least 3 maps that look awesome, would be cool to try them out
and see how they play. this game is lacking some more maps. need to have at least 10-15 good maps to play.

i wonder when cal or some other competition group will make some maps. those are usually pretty good since
they take into account game play.

i'll look through it again and post the names of the ones i thought were awesome.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

damn they look like they are worth a try. theres enough klink maps to make a whole pack just for him haha.

sharqi peninsula night - first really dark night map, the whole thing would have
to be run in night vision, that should be interesting. worth a try.

mp_meanstreet2 - this one looks right on par with default cod4 maps, maybe it
can play well.

klink maps - this guy is a bad ass.

forsaken industry 2.0 - this map looks amazing i hope it plays well.
mp_breakout - this looks really different than the current maps. gotta try it.
i won't be able to see shit in it but oh well.

well i kept going through the list and all the kilnk maps look worthy of trying out haha

mp_burg
mp_burgundy_bulls
mp_bacalao -
mp_kstoujane
mp_turnpike
mp_bunker mayhem
mp_factory
mp_projectvalhalla
mp_mtl_havoc
mp_vertical
mp_matroska

he has a custom map server so maybe can all just get together and hop on it. i ping pretty bad to it but it's
just to try the maps so maybe we can do that. heres the ip 194.169.211.46:28060

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Mon May 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Do we have to have to d/l and install the map first finally or can will it download automatically?

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

both. we can do an external server for map DLs. that way it won't fuck the people playing and it *should* be a lot faster. we're only getting like ~60k/sec because i think the DL server is in germany but we shouldn't have that problem locally.

here is a link to a sick sounding mod i think we should consider. it basically removes (or gives the option to remove) all the little stupid shit. the best option is to make it so that if they don't have a frag nade when they die, marty doesn't work. dope. here's a link to check it out. it's a new mod so it's early, but it looks promising.

http://forums.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=4603

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

my favorite is the no icon when you shoot through walls one.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

today, friday the thirtieth of may on this our lords two thousandth and eighth year

umm yeah we'll be trying some customs from this very list if all goes well. join us! if we get enough peeps
we'll just hop on our server and do it ;D

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Fri May 30, 2008 2:15 pm

i'm down like a clown...

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri May 30, 2008 2:57 pm

All maps mentioned in the first 2 posts in this thread have been uploaded to the server - except turnpike... I'm sorting out how downloads work since we saw once that they can come from an external (faster?) source. Watch this thread for updates!

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Count me in!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

after playing some of them here are my opinions

- played - we tried most of these maps with like 6 players, after a few of you left two more random guys started playing with us and downloading the maps hehe

sharqi peninsula night - this map is cool because it's all at night which means you pretty much have to use night vision. overall the map plays ok.
sharqi peninsula day - during the day this map doesn't play so well in this game because of the open areas, it just becomes a sniper fest and that can be fun for a time.
mp_meanstreet2 - this map was ok but there was nothing that popped out about it, it was very generic for this game.
forsaken industry 2.0 - needless to say this was the best looking map we played, wow it's insane quality and seems like it could play well.
mp_burg - gorgeous map but again i don't know how well it would play, doesn't look like game play was taken into consideration, really it's all about the looks.
mp_mtl_havoc - this was a decent map visually but it seemed like it could play well.
mp_vertical - this map was also very average in looks but seems like it has potential for good play.
mp_blackrock - i think we all loved this map, it seemed to play well and it looks great.
mp_fr_spetzcamp - it was only down to me and phy by this one and we both though it could be alot of fun, i also played this one with hang and he thought it had potential.
mp_scrap - i think everyone that played this one thought that it was awesome. it played well and looks great.
mp_warehouse - yet another one of those bleh maps that looks like it might play well even if it doesn't look like much.

again i think they'd have to be tried out with more people to really see if they play well.

still to play

mp_turnpike - i'm the only one that has been in this one i think. i think there wasn't enough to it but i didn't run around in there long enough.
mp_bunker mayhem
mp_projectvalhalla - this one is rated really high, and looks bad ass
mp_matroska
mp_burgundy_bulls
mp_kstoujane
mp_bacalao
mp_breakout

can't wait for next time we can try some more out. just gotta work out some kinks hehe

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Sat May 31, 2008 4:36 pm

Cool, so those guys stuck around last night? Glad there's a following of custom map servers out there ..

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Sat May 31, 2008 7:37 pm

I agree with toon on all those he reviewed.

also I'd like to add my 2 cents to some of the other ones. I've been messing around creating a local server and adding some bots.

mp_kstoujane - this map looks great has lots of exploding cars around and I think would play really well. I really want to try this one next time.
mp_matroska - really TINY map its got potential for a 2v2 or 3v3 but anymore would make it too crowded.
mp_factory - this one is freaking huge. it probably wont play well be cause it's so big and has so many places. but it does look good.
mp_breakout
mp_burgundy_bulls - I believe these 2 are remakes from CoD2 and where some of the better map of that game I think they should be at the top of the list to try out next time.
mp_bacalao - there's something about this map that doesn't jive with me. I can't really put my finger on it but it made it seem worse than what I think it should have been (if that makes any sense).

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:33 am

I pretty much agree with you guys on all the maps. i think we should maybe introduce a couple of the best customs into our rotation and see if people like them.

And mp_forsaken_industry2 is the fucken bees knees!

Next

Return to Call Of Duty 4