Another new ride in the family (pics)

Living life a 1/4 mile at a time
James

Postby James on Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:43 pm

Tiberian_Son wrote:A regular 2005 GT and an 04 GTO are pretty much a tie.

I'll take your word for it. It seems to be a pretty hot debate between the two. The mustang forums I frequent say they have no trouble beating the GTO's. However on the flip side if you visit some GTO forums they say the same thing for the mustangs. I have never raced a GTO myself so I have no valid argument either way. If one of you guys wanna meet up we can test it out :wink: .

I dont think much of anything on the road is faster than a vtech mustang. 500+rwhp is just insane. I hope those guys have money to pay for the axels and motors they are going to burn through. I myself will probably be getting the steeda SC. 450hp at the fly wheel is respectable street hp and wont tear my car apart. For now I am going to put 4:10 gears, a CAI with tune, and possibly redo the exhaust. Exhaust wont really increase my hp and the keynote for the stock exhaust is pretty damn sweet. So I'm not copletely sold on the idea yet.

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:08 pm

James wrote:
Tiberian_Son wrote:A regular 2005 GT and an 04 GTO are pretty much a tie.

I'll take your word for it. It seems to be a pretty hot debate between the two. The mustang forums I frequent say they have no trouble beating the GTO's. However on the flip side if you visit some GTO forums they say the same thing for the mustangs. I have never raced a GTO myself so I have no valid argument either way. If one of you guys wanna meet up we can test it out :wink: .

It's a silly thing to debate, they both get 13.6-13.8 when they're tested. The usual forum goer is a fanboy and just doesn't want to admit something else is as good as his ride. Seriously, just look up reviews for both from whatever sites you trust. They're the same for straight line speed.

StingRay

Postby StingRay on Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:10 pm

if only theyd do a weight reduction on the gto, it could take a stang. in fact both models have increased in weight recently.

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:43 am

The 2005 can take stangs all day, it's about half a second faster. It does have 100hp over it though. The GTO is a more of a grand tour car than a a straight up dragster, like the 3000GT VR4. It's handling isn't quite what you'd expect from a serious sportscar, but thankfully it won't kick your ass while trying to drive across the state. That's probably why it's sales aren't anything to write home about either.

James

Postby James on Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:13 am

[ img ]
Stock GT vs. Stock GTO

Ruskin
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Ruskin on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:02 pm

i call driver skill! :P

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:14 pm

Not to mention...the stang just LOOKS better. So speed being equal....FORD FTW.

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:47 pm

'04 or '05? Manual or automatic? Why didn't he take a picture of the times instead of just the cars and at an angle that benefits the left lane? Come on. Post some numbers, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I dug up a bunch of reviews and it seems the 2004 GTO is 13.8-14.0. 13.6 is reported a lot on GTO boards, but we all know the bias car specific sites have. The kill forums on Cobalt SS sites will have you think they can take GTOs and Mustangs. :roll:

Persoanlly I like nearly all cars, at least for domestics, so I could care less about how this turns out. No one really goes to race one of these stock anyway.

/OMG
//cop out post
/// :P

James

Postby James on Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:24 pm

Here's the forum I got the pic from. He has some times mentioned but nothing too concrete.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/s ... hp?t=46157

Tib sometimes you just gotta stir the pot. :)

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:08 pm

haha, the guy that started that thread is an idiot. Thinks a stock gto has 470hp and that some victories one day at a track means everyone will be able to do the same thing. Took all of 1 post for people to jump on him. What a laugh.

Previous

Return to Automotive & Accessory