Hey Phatz lets race!

Living life a 1/4 mile at a time
Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Hey Phatz lets race!

Postby Rope on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:53 pm

well the Explorer has been taken out of rotation. I'll be gutting my system if anyone needs any stereo stuff.
As for my new toy....

Well, a week after I decided I wanted an L, I found the perfect truck for me. The only thing not perfect is that it was 1100 miles away in Michigan ( I live in Florida).. What's a guy to do? Well, I bought myself and ElPres a plane ticket and we flew out Friday night. Saturday morning the owner picked us up from thr airport and took me to see the truck. It was everything and more than I could have asked for..

03' L with 3300 miles in MINT condition. 4# lower, Bassani exhaust, 2" lower in the rear, FTVB, Oil Seperator, and flat K&N in the stock airbox. Not too crazy, but faster than stock. I had to have it.

OK, so here are some pics I took
My new ride:
[ img ]

Mark (the owner) and I
[ img ]

I HAD to get gas from this station.. it fit too well hehe.
[ img ]

lastly, the beauty shot:
[ img ]

We drove 1100 miles straight, stopping only for gas. I drove the whole way, and got us back to Florida in 15.5 hours. The L didn't even flinch. In the 50 degree weather the whole way down she was just purring. All I can say is that this truck is just amazing. 400 horsepower and civilized.. I can't believe I didn't think about getting one earlier.

Now I need a new WICKEDNET sticker!! Rhys, where you at??
Have a good one gang.
-Rope

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:59 pm

She's a beauty Josh. That is bad ass. I can't believe you're gutting the exploder already!

Out of curiosity, what was your mpg on the way back? 14? 15?

ps.
Do your new HIDs fit in that puppy?

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:11 pm

Here I am!

S W E E T ride bro!

Couple of questions,

1- are those 4WD?
2- Estimated 1/4 time?

I have all my shit packed up right now to move (closing on house on the 16th) but once I get it all set up again, I'll hook you up.

I'm gonna wanna race you @ the next LAN ;)

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rope on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:57 pm

Rhys: 2WD
5.4 Liter Supercharged.

Stock L's run around 13.6 in the quarter

I have a 4 pound pulley, exhaust, chip, and K&N. The guy gave me the Dyno sheet and it put down 396 HP at the rear wheel. Should be in the 12's right now, especially in this cold weather. She pulls!

And Robb, my HIDS no worky yet. Need to speak with your Pop. I'd love to put them in the L!!!!

Rhys, I need a white Wicked W (circular style) and a Wickednet strip (white as well). You have paypal? I'm ready to slap those puppies on my ride!

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:23 pm

Yeah, I have paypal, I'll let you know when I get set back up in the house.

I am totally out of white stickers right now, so I can cut them to your exact specs. Think about what you want and I'll hook you up in a couple weeks.

Shit man, almost 400 to the wheels makes me want to rethink my challenge ;)

abolish

Postby abolish on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:52 pm

Damnit josh you and those damn ford's! j/k bro I consider Lightnings just as good as a Sy or Ty either way Very nice acquisition. Can't wait to see it.

If you're selling the stereo stuff let me now if you can reserve those subs for me I really need those.

Enjoy the truck

Ohh and if you don't mind me asking why did the guy want to sell it and how much(must have been a good price to go all the way over there)

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:57 pm

Domestic rice.

hahaha, j/k. Go bust a bunch of high schoolers' asses. :wink:

ElPresidente
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby ElPresidente on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:20 am

heh, it was one hell of a road trip, lots of fun.

HAHA!!! i was hoping josh had this one in the folder
[ img ]
:D (personal fav!)

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rope on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:36 am

Chuck,
I stole it basically. Got it for under 25k with only 3k miles and some really nice mods. It runs strong, and it has a warranty, so I'm sooo happy. If you run into Gary S or any other Fl Sy/Ty guy tell them I crossed to the dark side <grin>. Let me see how much the XXX 15's are going for on the market and I'll cut you a great deal. You need all 3? 3 gets LOUD...

abolish

Postby abolish on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:47 am

I was actualy gonna talk to gary last week, needed to see if he could recomend a good body shop so I can finally paint my truck. I'll let him know you crossed. as for the subs depending on the price I'll get all 3 but I seriously doubt im going to put three in the jimmy its just gonna be tooooo loud but I might change my mind since i'm gutting the back seat.

Riku

Postby Riku on Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:24 pm

L's are an all around beautiful trucks.

I'v seen a few of these race when i go to philly and they are badass. Your going to have a blast with your new toy

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:58 pm

pfft

i will only race ya if we tie a pipe to the back of my bumper and the front of yours other than that i probably stand a better chance with a remote control car

110 HP to the wheels aint cutting it for racing but damn i save a bundle on gas lol went from a V8 5,4 liter to a 4 cylinder 1.4 hehe about 2500 i save on gas in a year easy if not more lol

JusTin

Postby JusTin on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:08 pm

i still dont know why people want pickup trucks to act like sports cars.

But thats a great lookin truck rope.

I myself was looking into buying a ford (Focus svt) or the new mustang gt.

Oh and if anyone is interested in a dead (dead tranny) `93 nissan maxima gxe, im selling it for 200 dollars!

i need buyers!!!

Audric

Postby Audric on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:32 pm

Because pickups can be for more than moving vehicles and puttering through the woods. About 99% of guys just can't go fast enough in their vehicles, so why not a truck? The great thing about Lightnings is you can still use it as a truck, so while you are hauling 1000lbs of plywood around you can point at laugh at the Ram SRT-10 owners who cant even throw a bag of sand in the bed.

Ruskin
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Ruskin on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:15 pm

My choice wouldnt be truck for speed either, but the L's are a nice truck and hella quick. But Aud, sorry i dont think id laugh at an SRT-10, even if it has shitty carring cap. Its still an SRT-10.

Not a truck guy, but those are two trucks i would get, nice pickup rope, hope you enjoy her.

Next

Return to Automotive & Accessory