What car should I buy?

Living life a 1/4 mile at a time
Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:50 pm

If the 350z had the twin turbos like their ancestor, i would have bought one yesterday. But they're a bit too common already, i see at least 10 of them a day. The RX-8 is nice, i always loved the rotary engine design, truly something different. But i agree with what Ruskin said, i like the styling of the RX-7 much more (drool). Check out this comparison of the G35, Mustang SVT, and RX-8. Guess who's at the bottom of the lot... Fook the fugly Mustanky

bardock

Postby bardock on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:34 am

STI

Maver|ck

Postby Maver|ck on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:45 am

Subaru Impreza WRX STi (as long as it doesn't have the gay ass huge spoiler I have seen some of these cars have...not sure if its standard in the 2004 or if it is a custom, but my god is it ugly)

if your price range was a little higher, you can't go wrong with a BMW M3
Last edited by Maver|ck on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElPresidente
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby ElPresidente on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:46 am

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

hands down.

poot

Postby poot on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:52 am

okay, coming from a subaru owner, I must say this: you will not have as much fun with any other car than with an STi. I don't care what you compare it to. Maybe the Evo, but the interior is not too well made. The Sti is a beautiful car, handles well and is a very powerful car. Mustangs suck, The RX8 is okay... it looks faster than it actually is. I take cobras in a stock wrx.
If you have questions about the car, let me know.
poot!

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:12 am

Yay.
Last edited by Tiberian_Son on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:14 am

poot wrote:okay, coming from a subaru owner, I must say this: you will not have as much fun with any other car than with an STi. I don't care what you compare it to. Maybe the Evo, but the interior is not too well made. The Sti is a beautiful car, handles well and is a very powerful car. Mustangs suck, The RX8 is okay... it looks faster than it actually is. I take cobras in a stock wrx.
If you have questions about the car, let me know.
poot!

Poot, which one do you own? I do mostly in town driving, so the STi would be kind of a waste. I'm interested in just how comfortable it is compared to the base WRX though, and also how pronounced the road noise is.

The G35 really has me thinking. So far I've even seen it recomended over the BMW 325xi, which I am also seriously considering. This is like when I first got into computers. I don't know shit, and it's going to take like 2 months to get to the point where I know enough to make an educated decision. Good thing I'm not in a hurry, I probably won't get anything until next years models hit.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:52 am

I like the Marauder :) I like the classic look and such.

I also like the look of the Monte Carlo but it doesn't boast incrediable speed if thats what you're looking for.

I personally like the new styling for the 2005 mustang, but that's just me.

Then there is the GTO Although I'm not overly impressed with the body, i still like it none-the-less.

Well, I guess i kinda grew out of the whole fast-and-furious thing before i even bought a new car. I prefer to have something I like that appeals to me rather than trying to "smoke" every other car out there cause gas is just getting too expensive to go around racing everyone and their mom. Of course i still want to have power just cause its fun to hit it every so often but in the end i just wanna get where i am going, alive.

Audric

Postby Audric on Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:10 am

2005 Ford GT. You should have just enough time to save up. Jesus Christ I want to make love to that car.

Toede

Postby Toede on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:27 am

yeah, too bad the price tag on that thing is 120K.... nice ride though =)

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:44 am

I was always interested in high performance, but if all I wanted to do was race people the only two I would consider are the STi and Evo. Right now I'm leaning a bit more toward Luxury. Road noise has really been pissing me off lately.

I drive a 2001 2 door Hyundai accent right now. It's the cheapest thing on the road. If you've ever seen one, you know where the clock is in the dash. Mine has the spot, but it's epmty. Just a recessed hole. I had to add A/C. It's a manual (which I prefer, but it's more basic). It's good transportation, but damn it's just plain. It's even white, like no real color was good enough. The only good thing about it is I got it 3 years ago brand new and it was only $5000 after I added A/C, so it's paid it off already.

So I'm checking out how some G35s look, and I come accross this guy's page. It's pretty funny just by itself, but he lives over in Orlando too. HE talks about "reppin' the Bay" and other dumb shit. Mikey needs to go find this guy, see if he's full of shit. ;)

poot

Postby poot on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:38 pm

if road noise is not really for you, the subaru has a radio and speakers 8 ). Anywho, yeah, that would be a waste of a car and money for driving around town, I guess. If you're in miami, let me know, you could take my wrx for a ride. PM me.
poot!

abolish

Postby abolish on Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:24 pm

Dude get G35 I guarantee you won't regret it, if road noise is an issue and you want it to be a sports car this is the car man. Go to your neearest infinity dealer and just test drive it. Pictures don't say shit with the G35 its much much more impressive when you're looking at it in front of you.

Previous

Return to Automotive & Accessory