Who here knows where to get 'hard-to-find' parts?

Living life a 1/4 mile at a time
[Creep]-Tyrant

Man it's been 6.713 forevers and 2 days since i posted anything around here, but I keep reading up on stuff periodically.

So here's my situation, I have a 1989 BMW 325iX, ie. this car here:
[ img ]
[ img ]

When I got the car a couple years ago it was in need of work, it didn't run at all, leaked fuel from underneath, had dry-rotted tires, and so forth. I worked on it and fixed the fuel leaks, got it running (actually runs excellent now), replaced tires, springs, shocks, and various other things. All that said, the car had major vibration when going above 32-ish MPH which turned out to be 2 bent rims on the back where someone curbed it and flat-spotted them or something of that nature. At one point I needed to swap out one of the back tires for the spare in the trunk, which luckily is a full size finish quality rim, and it wasn't' bent, so I was able to reduce the bent rim situation down to 1 in the rear instead of 2, and the vibration dropped greatly, but is still an issue and makes the back right tire wear badly in one spot (where the rim is flattened partially). I have been on the hunt for a replacement rim but having no luck finding anything at an evenly remotely acceptable price. I've looked at aftermarket rims, many of which I liked and weren't nearly as highly priced but buying four of them plus tires is a great expense when I really only need one rim. Anyone know any good place I can order such a thing at maybe a decent price?

Wheel size 15x7, lug pattern 4/100, offset +41mm Bmw factory stock "basket-weave aluminum rims"

I am told the BMW 325i of the same year will NOT work due to a difference in the offset between 2WD and 4WD, mine is 4WD.

Any ideas would be awesome!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a friend that's really into these. I'll ask what he does. He's out in Cali so it might be easier to get parts out there.

[Creep]-Tyrant

That would be awesome, any help that leads me to a good rim would be fantastic, my only other option is to go aftermarket and upsize my wheels which will mean buying 4 rims and 4 new tires to fit the new size rims, obviously it would be much cheaper if I can just replace 1 or 2 bent ones.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

welp not exactly good news

I spoke to my friend and he says your best bet is to look online to find used ones, craigslist and so on.

If you want new nice ones he usually goes to this place http://www.eurostopusa.com/

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Have you tried getting a quote from a wheel repair shop? They are usually cheaper than buying a new wheel.

[Creep]-Tyrant

yes but they can only fix certain types of damage, the wheel is bent off center which is not repairable (according to them anyway). The stock rims are seemingly iompossible to find as they only produced the rims for this specific car. It's not the worst thing since it is barely even noticeable and most speeds, but at 32-35 it is very pronounced, I keep the bent one on the back of the car where it is least problematic, but it still means I can't rotate tires without having them peeled off the rims every time or else risk putting the bent rim on the front, which i do NOT want to do, guess I'll have to deal with it for a while till I can save up and shop for new rims altogether.
Thanks anyway though guys!

Return to Automotive & Accessory