well?

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: well?

Postby zel on Sat May 19, 2012 4:31 pm

As far as 'roles' go it is very dynamic. where as in WoW a dps would usually never initiate it really isn't a problem in D3 so they are not very similar in that respect but that keeps things moving along nicely. It's only when you start moving up in level like nightmare mode and up into the level 40ish levels where it becomes apparent that dedicated tanks and more coordination is required but if you're just interested in beating it once in normal mode you never really worry about having a tank or not. I'm 43 now and we're running nightmare mode in the second act (4 acts total) and it's getting rough to play it without a tank. It's still very do-able but we get killed now where as before death was very rare and i never built myself as a tank really, more support than anything. I may need to build a tank armor set at some point to switch out to.

Grace

Postby Grace on Tue May 22, 2012 1:05 am

To me there are two sets of auction, the outrageous and the expected. Using max buy out option filters the crap.

One really won't hit 60 till the hatered level act 2/3
Barbarian is the quickest leveler and quite fun
By nightmare act 3, one better have a firm grasp of at least two major builds of their own toon
Demon hunt is your ae class/ stun class
Barbarian is the rabid dog
Wizard is focus power class
Witch doctor is your pet class
Mobs get 2.5x harder for every person you add to the group
Grouping in hatred requires balance and a understanding of mechanics
And understanding what stats are desirable to said will bring fortune in the ah

Just my 2c

-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Tue May 22, 2012 7:43 pm

no love for monks?

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Guess not :P

I would say monks are well rounded support:
They have 1 pet skill.
Many support type skills like an AoE direct heal and other skills that with runes can indirectly heal and shield from damage, also a circle of protection mobs can not enter (great for buying someone time).
They have many aoe skills, one is a giant bell that drops and he kicks it to make a shockwave that damages in a row and knocksback or you can alter it with a rune to do it circularly.
They're great for making massive AoE damage happen with their Cyclone Strike that pulls enemies in to him so that someone else (like a Witch Doctor) can drop some aoe on them. Rhys and I do this, i'll draw in a huge crowd and his witch doctor just obliterates them.

They have Mantras that are basically auras and can heal/give dodge %/retribution/+damage taken to enemy and also have various runes to give extra effects like a below 25% health damage immunity to allies for 3 seconds and such. very useful though I prefer straight up regen per second. if i know an area or boss has high burst damage (the little suicide bomber guys) i'll put up the auto damage shield.

Basically monks are all over the battle field and extremely mobile. They have two primary skills(spirit generation) that when runed gives you the ability to warp to enemies. There is also a seperate spirit using skill that warps to and immobilizes a target to prevent runners (like treasure goblins). Hell their first passive is 10% run speed which i always found kinda BLEH but just goes to show you they made them to be an intervention class. Also the only class that as far as i know has a cyclone pull-in effect which substitutes for taunt since if a mob can't reach an ally then they can't hit them. i think i hit 52 or 53 now running about 20k HP, 30% dodge and 50% damage reduction from armor.

I know the monk pretty well by now and they're a very fun class and they can be high damage too but if you sacrifice survivability for damage then you're almost useless because you have no real ranged attack (other than the pet), well, unless someone else soaks up the damage and you just run in, burst, and run out. I did that when we had someone else along to take the damage.

Grace

Postby Grace on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:17 am

Playing 1.04?

It's just getting too easy now.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 am

Grace wrote:Playing 1.04?

It's just getting too easy now.

I quit a while ago and AFAIK so did Zel. Game just got boring. Farming for the AH to buy better gear on the AH just isn't fun to me.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:51 am

yupp, i gave up, the whole point of diablo type games is the fun of finding new gear which got replaced with the AH. bleh, torchlight 2 looks good tho.

Grace

Postby Grace on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh I feel yeah ...
Found plans and learned it and sold the gloves for gobbles of money.

Wishing it was harder it got easier to farm ...
Made money on the real ah but ...poker is easier and far more fun then taking a well worn farming path.
I hope expand has more content instead of just getting fatter.

Starcraft2 anyone? lol but no seriously ..I'm tired of playing pug.

Previous

Return to Every Other Game