Any Mechwarrior Fans? Hawken Looks Nice...

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Any Mechwarrior Fans? Hawken Looks Nice...

Postby BlueSix on Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 pm

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

what i don't get of these newer mech games is that they are paced like a regular shooter so why do i have shit on my face just blocking my vision. first thing i'll look up is how to get rid of that in the graphics settings somewhere or a command. haha

it's just a regular shooter.

back in the day the mech games had faster smaller mechs and slower paced game play. so it felt more like i'm in a tank of sorts. what i just saw was a regular shooter, just don't bs me and take all that mess out my face!

with that said it looks pretty awesome hah

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

it looks like that city was designed to facilitate mech combat. that was very thoughtful of the city planners.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

-wicked-toon-X wrote:what i don't get of these newer mech games is that they are paced like a regular shooter so why do i have shit on my face just blocking my vision. first thing i'll look up is how to get rid of that in the graphics settings somewhere or a command. haha

it's just a regular shooter.

back in the day the mech games had faster smaller mechs and slower paced game play. so it felt more like i'm in a tank of sorts. what i just saw was a regular shooter, just don't bs me and take all that mess out my face!

with that said it looks pretty awesome hah

Maybe this is a bit more your style? Seems a bit closer to MW core gameplay style... I didn't know about this until today:

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

hahaha hang

b6: yeah it seems like that's more like what i'm talking about. you have the smaller faster classes if you want. i wonder how matches are done. they could probably do it like domination where you hold points or something.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

I loved the shit outta MW back in the day so I hope these turn out well. Looking back after my initial OMG GIANT ROBOTS reaction, the gameplay of the MW Online one seems more like what I'd be into.

[GWR]Droogan

Stand in the water imo.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

[GWR]Droogan wrote:Stand in the water imo.

Yep, water was good to stay nice and cool... Blast away!

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Any Mechwarrior Fans? Hawken Looks Nice...

Postby zel on Wed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm

It's not the pace of hawken that bugs me so much as the apparent lack of customization. every video pretty much shows just the same mechs with only 2 weapons available with zero consideration for heat/energy usage or anything of the sort. Of course, they're not done yet, i do like what they have so far and want to try it out but i hope they have a little more depth in customization other than Left weapon/right weapon once they're done with it.

Return to Every Other Game