Another Steam Holiday Sale! Now through 1/1/2012

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

it's supposed to be bad ass but even at 40 bucks it's still more than i'm willing to spend. by the time i get around to playing it, it will be under 20 bucks anyway :)

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed..

I wonder if any of these games make for good LAN games? I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to but might consider spending the bucks if it had real good multiplayer for our next LAN

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Merry Christmas! Day 7 is up ... CoD:MW3 for $45? hmm

Supposed must buys:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Atom Zombie Smasher
Killing Floor
Fallout 3

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

havent seen any good lan games up yet but i'll tell you one that is pretty fun for lanning, even more so cause its very accessible is Altitude, that side scrolling airplane game. The plane ball game is fun as crap and it doesnt take much to run that game.Other than that, TF2 is free to play so thats always fun, Sanctum is a very fun tower defense, first person game, but it only co-ops up to 4 ppl. The old alien vs predator was fun, dunno about the new one, otherwise we could all just pickup MW3 but thats kinda expensive however with enough lead-timewe could all pick it up.

I dunno honesly theres quite a few good lan games here, its just a matter of coordinating what game to play and then having the lan.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Q3A remains the best LAN game. Q3DM17, baby. Or maybe CTF maps.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 8 - i'm Christmas slackin' haha

The supposed Must Buys for today:

Bastion
Sonic Generations
Beat Hazard

Going for Sonic just cuz I used to love the classic.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

buzz wrote:Day 8 - i'm Christmas slackin' haha

The supposed Must Buys for today:

Bastion
Sonic Generations
Beat Hazard

Going for Sonic just cuz I used to love the classic.

Bastion is awesome, one of my fav games in a while.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

I agree, bastion was great, i didn't want to put it down. Some people complained about the narrator but I thought he did a good job and i like the dynamic narration. Made me feel like I was in the never-ending story.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

thinking about picking up terraria. heard it's good. i already own all the prince of persia games and highly recommend them. lots of cool puzzles and challenges.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

HangOver wrote:thinking about picking up terraria. heard it's good. i already own all the prince of persia games and highly recommend them. lots of cool puzzles and challenges.

Same here but looking through the game play and screenshots, I don't know ..... Maybe i'll just get it cuz the price is so low.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 10 is up ... A lot of items on the list but mostly different versions of the same game.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

i'll probably grab homefront. even if it sucks at under 10 bucks it's worth the risk.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

HangOver wrote:i'll probably grab homefront. even if it sucks at under 10 bucks it's worth the risk.

A lot of bad reviews on that one ..

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... 10/c3bvb4m

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Two Worlds 2 is an Elder Scrolls kind of game so if you're into that, its a good buy for 13 bucks.
Section 8 is super cheap too, 3 bucks. i havent played it yet but i did pick it up, looks like a decent shooter.

Also, revenge of the titans is kidna cool but stay away from it if you don't like spending 40 minutes to just have the computer squash you like a bug and then laugh in your face. The problem with revenge of the titans is that its a tower defense game with zero path, you simply setup turrets anywhere, then the AI paths dynamically and you run out of resources quick, cause you get those starcraft style by setting up extractors near crystals. and the extractors themselves are expensive and the resources come in slow. I mention this cause they have a stupid fucking hard achievement for it for the gift pile thing, fuck ROTT, i want to like it, but fuck them. I don't like a game where its not so much skill, but pure luck combined with very little skill. power up drops are completely random and you NEED those things but you might not get a single power up for 5 minutes straight, or might might get them dumped on you repeatedly.ugh, what a POS

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

nothing for me today.

PreviousNext

Return to Every Other Game