Another Steam Holiday Sale! Now through 1/1/2012

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

ya and metro 2033 up for 5 bucks for those of you that missed it :D damn i love steam sales

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

i picked up metro and amnesia. i already had metro but it wasn't legit heh.

i look forward to this sale every year. it's more exciting than christmas.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 2 .. Nothing really interesting except maybe CoD but I have't played that since we had a server ages ago.

[GWR]Droogan

buzz wrote:Day 2 .. Nothing really interesting except maybe CoD but I have't played that since we had a server ages ago.

Day 2..Well depending on how old your kids are Lego Batman is up for 75% off.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 3 ... My wallet lives to see another day

Edit - I lied.. Heard that Defense Grid is a real good Tower Defense game -- My fav.. Can't go wrong with $2.50

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

buzz wrote:Day 3 ... My wallet lives to see another day

Edit - I lied.. Heard that Defense Grid is a real good Tower Defense game -- My fav.. Can't go wrong with $2.50

Defense Grid is pretty damn good.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 4 is up .. I hear Mass Effect is good?

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

it is good, especially if you have the time to really sit down and listen/read the story. You have a good/bad thing kinda like KOTR light/dark force thing going on cept they call it paragon/renegade. The combat is decent, kinda third person squad and the squad actually does a decent job without taking all the fun away from you. you get abilities and such to use and they depend on your class. My main gripe is the PC version doesn't come tweaked for the PC. there are guides out there and mods you can DL to help tweak it to look decent. The LoD values are screwed so all the textures look muddy all the time, and some of the textures ARE muddy no matter what LoD you use on them but the mods really clean it up and make it enjoyable, i just think its ridiculous that you have to do that yourself. The other thing that bugs me is many dialogue decisions are very counter-intuitive, you think you're picking something that would be like very paragon and it turns out to be renegade, the description of your choice sometimes just doesn't match up with what you thought you character was going to do with it. I havent managed to finish it because i ended up losing my savegame :/

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

i'm gonna pick up limbo. been wanting to try that one.

i have mass effect 1 and 2 for my xbox, just haven't gotten around to playing them although i'm told they are awesome. one of these days i'll get to them heh.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

TBH i played like 10 minutes on xbox and hated it, i mean HATED it. I dunno why but once I played it on pc i loved it.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Picked up Limbo .. Pretty cool game

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 5 - Rage? Dirt?

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

i bought the back to the future game. looks fun :) can't decide on rage, i heard it's pretty but very dull.

in case anyone missed it from those reddit links in the first post, you can buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Amazon for $10 and activate it on steam. i just did and also got a $5 off a game purchase coupon when i ordered. not a bad deal. :)

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 6 and Skyrim has made the list. I haven't looked up anything on this game but people are jizzing over it.

Next

Return to Every Other Game