Diablo 3 beta

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Diablo 3 beta

Postby mantronic on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:34 pm

The games seems like it has appeal, toon will really like it you get to left click all the time!

Grace

Re: Diablo 3 beta

Postby Grace on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 am

So limited right now and it's a fairly linear game to me. Serve me up some sc2...bf3?

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 am

spartus also go in.

he said it was pretty good.

left clicking?! i'm in!

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 am

I haven't even touched the beta since I am addicted to Skyrim ATM. Fucking weird.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Lets see:

- Beta is super easy. Then again its part of Act 1 Normal Difficulty. Diablo 2 act 1 normal was insanely easy too. They claim this game will ramp up much better, and there is a 4th difficulty level after hell that you cant even do after you finish hell. Think end-game content rather than endless easy cow level runs. If these claims are true, good. Thats what always ended diablo 2 for me, it got easy.

- There is no talent points or skill points. nothing really to do when you level up, except maybe swap in a new skill you automatically gain. The good news is you dont need to respec or build multiple characters (javlin amazon vs bow amazon) you just level 1 and swap the skills and spell runes. (spells are improved by runes rather than by skill points). It makes leveling meh, but might provide an improvement.

- Crafting seems ok, but its way too good in beta. Crafted items are all broken, frequently better than yellow items, let alone blue, and easy to make too. Needs a nerf. The benefit here is that you now can pick up eveything and break it down right away rather than constant trips to town.

- Way more inventory space, and many things are shared account wide. The chest in town is shared, and currently so are crafting skills. First play I leveled my smithing to artisan level, and next character I still had it. Nice. I was worried I would have 1 character be a smith, 1 an enchanter etc. and have to swap between them.

- Each character has a totally different 'mana-like' mechanic. think like LoL having rage, mana, and whatever that yellow one is, it escapes me :P

- All spells scale off weapon damage. At first glance it is awesome. It means gear matters for mages etc. for example a lightning bolt will say "does 110% weapon damage and jumps to other enemies" There is an implementation problem though. My mage is now using a 2 handed battle axe rather than a wand because the axe does twice as much damage, including for spells...also the axe SHOOTS THE LIGHTNING BOLT!! Its also designed so i never really need to swing the axe unless its a really long fight and i run out of mana or arcane power etc. My damn witchdoctor carries a 2 handed claymore, but his default attack is a blow dart, so every time i attack the claymore just disappears and he starts spitting darts. I love the mechanic but the consistency is a little lacking. I assume end-game the class specific weapons will be best, but right now its just the highest damage one you can find that is best.

- A lot of things that slow down the game were removed. For example: you only identify rare+, magic items are already identified. Town portal is a spell not a scroll. These combined mean much less time with scrolls. Items can be broken down in the field, there is no reason to go sell. Thus far this means picking up gold now matters, but going to town is gone, both good changes. Potions use was way reduced. Mana is gone, health is now on 30 sec cooldown. No more using stacks and stacks of them. Transfering stuff between characters is gone too with shared inventory.

Overall its good, but I have concerns with some aspects that need refinement.

PS. I'd like to coop with GF, can anyone lend an account? I'm willing to reciprocate if you need.

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 pm

hit me up i will let you use my diablo 3 beta doubt i play it much

Return to Every Other Game