Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
Mahony

Battlefield 3 open beta

Postby Mahony on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:34 am

Download it mofo.

[GWR]Droogan

Re: Battlefield 3 open beta

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:46 pm

When he says mofo he means me, I'm sure he meant mofos.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 pm

i will download it when it releases. not paying for that shit.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 am

did i miss something?

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:41 am

The Beta is free, you just have to download "Origin", their bastardization of the name of one of my favorite childhood developers that EA ripped into little pieces, sucked out the marrow, then spit up the pile of bones into a dark damp corner until such time it saw fit to make a plaything out of those remains. They even made the logo akin to a spiral galaxy so as to further defecate on that brand as if laughing at the decimation they brought to that good place, like saying "Hey, they no longer create worlds, bwwaaahahaha".

Then you get the beta for free so much as I hate EA, i did try it out but i refuse to buy it on origin,i'll wait to see if they release it on steam :P

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Now, tell us how you really feel... Don't hold back.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 am

EA says they are not going to be releasing anything else on Steam claiming that Steam doesn't allow them to support their customers, they have to leave the stuff on Steam they already have due to the agreement they made, but beyond that there will supposedly be no new EA games on Steam.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 am

raising prices and adding more difficulty/complexity to legally installing/playing games. they sure have figured out how to properly combat piracy. they must all have phd's over there in the gaming industry.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 am

Phd.... partially hard dicks?

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:04 pm

[Creep]-Tyrant wrote:EA says they are not going to be releasing anything else on Steam claiming that Steam doesn't allow them to support their customers, they have to leave the stuff on Steam they already have due to the agreement they made, but beyond that there will supposedly be no new EA games on Steam.

Seems like a load of shit. The truth is they just want to push their own platform. They liked what they saw steam doing and they want a piece of that pie. Plenty of other devs are able to support their games in steam. hell steam gives them a forum they can administrate themselves within steam to address issues with the game and has a FAQ library built in so they can publish common fixes. plenty of devs for the games i play do it on steam already.

liars, thieves, two-faced motherfuckers.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:24 am

heh, just a couple interesting bits about this issue:
http://steamaddicts.com/2011/08/ea-take ... rom-steam/
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/03/ea-ta ... ad-the-ol/

so yea, EA wants exclusive control of their products, as usual, nothing new here, move along people.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:08 am

not that i'm defending the butchers at EA but ... you can't really expect every gaming company (especially one as big as EA has become) to not want a piece of the digital distribution pie. valve has proven how well it works and now others want in on that action. competition is GOOD for us. the more digital distribution methods for getting software, the more incentive each one has to attract customers.

i could be wrong. i don't follow it too closely these days but that's just my thoughts on it.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:11 am

Well yes, competition is always good for us, but what they are doing is the same thing as M$ where they have exclusive control of their product, therefore exclusive control over the price, Steam serves many different people's software, and make deals to cut prices for us. M$ is selling 15 year old games for $30 because there is no competition selling their titles since they have exclusive control, that's what EA is after, this is in efffect removing the competition factor altogether, not good for us.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 pm

edited:
Ya, what ty said, they just want to keep it at 60 bucks for 5 years.

Also, i'm really not liking the whole browser plug-in setup where you can't do crap in-game, like check your settings and controls, until you've logged into a server. Then you get booted for idling too long and can't take some time to setup your shit. it's really getting on my nerves. Would be nice to get into the game and join servers within the damned game. Also their server browser sucks, it sucked in BF:BC2 also but a would just build a fave list and deal with it. They also took away the ability to PICK your squad, you know, if you want to squad up with a friend.... and making a party and joining as a party doesn't help you land in the same squad and sometimes doesn't help landing on the same side. then there is the fact you can't bind your mouse buttons at all right now, and certain keyboard keys can't bound to something else. or the stronger-than-sunlight flashlights you can put on your gun that somehow even in broad daylight blind you. The laser blinding you i can understand but the flashlight???? Also i really get tired of having to unlock every single little piece of crap, it's detrimental to the game, medic running around everywhere and team killing/reviving/killing/reviving/killing/reviving just to amass medic points....

there is just too much buggin me about it right now to buy it from EA's store, not even mentioning i hate the EA store. I may relent if they fix all the crap i hate right now. though thats a big 'if'. I think i'll hold out for a steam release for a few months at least and if i get the insatiable itch to play i may give in and buy it from Origin.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm just not gonna buy it, I'm tired of EA altogether, I've bought many of their products and not even one single was I able to get support for any of them, EA doesn't even host a file server for the patches for their own damn games, for BF2 I always had to find the patches at some 3rd party place, whereas with Steam not only do I find the patches immediately right there on Steam, but I don;t even have to look for them since it check your version and automatically patches it up to date right then and there. This is exactly where my 'customer service' argument comes into play, EA doesn't provide customer service, they get your money and you're on your own, it's even difficult to find out of you even need a patch for one of their games as nothing tells you whether or not you are up to date or not, it's archaic, awkward, and only those of us knowledgeable enough about game patching are able to find alternative methods to get the games up to date and working. There are a lot of people out there who like these games but give up trying to play because they aren't computer savvy enough to figure out or where to go to patch the games up, if they even know what a patch is in the first place, and that, to me, is a deal breaker and is why consoles are as popular as they since they don't require people to know anything, they just work.

I know my refusal to buy from EA won;t put them out of business, but at least I know they won't be getting any more of my money, the only thing that I can say for them is it a shame because they really do have some brilliant minds working for them in the development and programming of the games themselves, but they have stinking rotten PR folks, the shittiest customer I have ever seen (even M$ is a thousand times better) and they continually seem to want to make sure they maintain an absolutely exclusive control over every aspect of anything they brand with their logo. The shutting out of the community in BF2 was a great example of this, 'fuck you paying customers and your good ideas, we are EA and WE alone will decide what maps you can have, what mods you can have and how the game will be played. For this and a host of other reasons I will always have way more respect for Valve, ID and a few other companies because they allow, encourage, and even HELP the community get involved, mod their product, add new maps, new game styles, models, textures and so forth and I believe they will maintain a higher percentage of loyal consumers.

Next

Return to Every Other Game