Anyone tried Dead Island yet?

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Anyone tried Dead Island yet?

Postby zel on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:21 am

The promo vid looked great. Wanted to see if anyone picked it up already and how well it plays.

If no one's picked it up I'll prolly grab it thursday/friday anyways and let you know how it is.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Anyone tried Dead Island yet?

Postby MaDSpartus on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXmZX8iz2SE

Who wouldnt want to play this game, it looks awesome.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Anyone tried Dead Island yet?

Postby zel on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:03 pm

lol, ya i read on PA about the apparent screw up on the steam release that occured. I guess somehow they released an unfinished version with a huge amount of bugs. Who knows what the real story is. Probably more along the lines of forced to put out whatever the last version they compiled for install they had at the time while they finished up, recompiled, then packaged and made ready for release.

I'm sure someone is getting their ass reemed right now but PA also mentioned that apparently they've released the REAL version on steam now. Here's the tidbit i'm talking about, the bits before this quote basically call out all the glaring flaws:

But those ten perfect, functioning minutes… my goodness. We saw, indeed, we inhabited their intention, however briefly: a cooperative, open world, survival RPG. It’s a dream so vast that it very nearly has mass; I’m tempted to laud them merely for attempting it. The actual version is up now, in the US at least.

So i dunno, does that mean its working properly now or merely that there are less bugs and it's playable???? ehhhh, guess i'll just have to search around for a new review on friday to see if anyone has updated their experience, and if it's worth it at this point or if it's more wait-and-see. :/ I wanted to like this game but i guess its a good thing i fought the urge to pre-order.

Return to Every Other Game