Dogfighter game

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Dogfighter game

Postby zel on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Stumbled upon this mid-week madness deal called Dogfighter. The name isn't all that great but the game is pretty fun. it's very easy to pick up and play. supports the 360 gamepad if you have one, works fine witha mouse. actually i prefer to use mouse really. Capture the flag is very fun. If you like action/arcade type flying games, you'll enjoy this one. Some of the server are kinda buggy and randomly drop your connection. Apparently they patchedit and fixed it but not everyone running the server updated so you'll lose connection but still be in-game just not able to actually do anything and everyone else is just hanging in mid flight. Then you log back on to the same server and it's empty and on a diff map :/ I found that servers with "UK" in front of them have updated already while everyone else seems to have fallen asleep. :/

Anyhow, its a fun, cheap game, although it is no long 75% off, it's 10 bucks to buy.

Here's their page: http://www.dogfighter-game.com/

And they're on steam, as i mentioned.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Re: Dogfighter game

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 am

Kinda neat, sort of looks like a flying version of trackmania nations, but I think it looks pretty fun (then again I <3 flying anyway).

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Dogfighter game

Postby zel on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

It reminds me mainly of Crimson Skies, the original came out on PC a while back and the redux of it was an original xbox exclusive, which pissed me off soooo much.

The controls are a tad touchy; depending on your AoA, its is someitmes more sensitive to roll, sometimes less. But overall it is ridiculously fun and it would actually make for a badass LAN game I think because of the fast pace. The main problem with it right now is that stupid server bug and the lack of people playing on-line. I have noticed a few weird glitches with how smooth it runs, sometimes it seems to slow down and then handling becomes kind of erratic.

I had a good time last night raping faces on a UK server, it was an FFA deathmatch server and i was just schooling everyone in there. Was pretty fun haha :P

The game is based out of Ireland so it could just be a time difference thing with the lack of ppl online but hopefully as it builds up steam in the US there will be more players.

Return to Every Other Game