crysis 2 multiplayer demo

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

crysis 2 multiplayer demo

Postby MaDSpartus on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:29 am

I grabbed it, it plays nice. 12 player max on current 2 maps.

team death match or team king of the hill currently

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: crysis 2 multiplayer demo

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 am

Started playing this and i don't suck. Probably because everyone is new at it, and will soon progress and I'll stagnate, but it's fun. The nano suit adds a whole different aspect to the game. And there is a promotion/upgrade system built in, like CoD. And my computer runs it sooooo pretty!

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:44 am

played this a bit this morning. it's fun, for sure, but the weapons have no recoil so i think it will be the perfect game for the noobs. which means, over time i'll get bored of it quickly.

but it certainly is pretty to look at.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:12 pm

HangOver wrote:played this a bit this morning. it's fun, for sure, but the weapons have no recoil so i think it will be the perfect game for the noobs. which means, over time i'll get bored of it quickly.

but it certainly is pretty to look at.

It's made for consoles, which explains why the only "video options" you have is "hardcore, advanced, gamer" thats it.... and my rig runs pretty much the same on any of them. if you gave the weapons too much recoil and no auto aim the poor console players wouldn't be able to play it too well. Its a bastardization of crysis, this isn't crysis, its CoD... Here's to hoping that DICE is telling the truth when they say the pc version BF3 will in fact be made for PCs.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 pm

i was waching matt play it yesterday for a bit and i'm not impressed. just seems like another arcady type game. almost like a mix
of a cod and something like quake.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm

what makes it fun is learning how to use the suit properly. but i think that will get old pretty quickly.

i don't really play mp games that much anymore so i'm just hoping they made a great single player campaign. i only downloaded the demo to get a peak at the new engine. but sadly, they crippled the demo and it only runs dx9. so the real eye candy will have to wait.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Ya i only wanted to check out the engine as well but i'm just not impressed with it in any way shape or form.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:00 pm

HangOver wrote:but the weapons have no recoil so i think it will be the perfect game for the noobs.

So THAT'S why I like it so much! If I want recoil I'll join the military and shoot a real gun. oh wait....LOL who am I kidding the freaking M4 doesn't have any damn recoil.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:15 am

The problem is that none of the guns there do, even the LMG. I understand the idea behind it tho, the "nanosuit" makes you stronger. but its just too consoley for my taste. I mean it defaults to autoaim on, which explains the stupid amount of whip-around-1-shot-headshots. Sometimes I think damn, that guy hacks! and then i realize o wait, that was me, ohh shit am i hacking? wtf is this? I feel so dirty using auto-aim... bleh.... I'm also getting really tired of the auto-regen health we see in so many games. I do like the health system in BF:BC2 in hardcore mode. Thats fun cause there is no number, everything just goes slightly red and really fuzzy till a medic drops a kit on you.

Return to Every Other Game