Battlefield 3

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
w4rrior

Battlefield 3

Postby w4rrior on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:36 am

Surprised to see no one posted about this, even though I know everyone here will probably get it.

/jizz in pants

From Wikipedia wrote:Battlefield 3 will feature the maximalist combined arms battles that made the series popular across single-player, co-operative and multiplayer modes. It will reintroduce several elements absent from the Bad Company games, including fighter jets, the prone position and 64-player battles on PC, while the consoles will support 24 players.

A new animation system will allow players to "drag fallen comrades into safety and mount weapons on almost any part of the terrain." The destructible environments of DICE's Frostbite engine will also be in use.

Features

Battlefield 3 uses a new type of character animation technology called ANT. ANT technology is used in EA Sports games such as FIFA, but will now be used to create a more realistic soldier. Player models will appear more real with the ability to transition into cover, and turn their head before their body.

Destructible environments

In the March 2011 issue of Game Informer magazine, they describe how an RPG can hit a building and cause ripple splash damage. The updated Frostbite 2 engine can realistically show how a seven story building would collapse during an earthquake in a pile of smoke and debris.

Locations

Maps set in Paris, Tehran, Sulaymaniyah and New York have been confirmed. As a whole the game will cover urban streets, metropolitan downtown areas, and open landscapes suited to vehicle combat. The single player campaign takes place in the year 2014.

Oh how I wish I was in the beta.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Battlefield 3

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:12 am

it's funny that the trailer is like every other game like it. some rock music, cuts of action phased together
by some computer/radar/satellite electronic sound (don't know how to explain it but they all do it)

i wish they would start making these games better not just harder to run on your computer.

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 am

well if you enjoyed bad company 2, you'll definitely love bf3. yea its basic gameplay is pretty much the same but i think this one will show its worth, plus im glad they brought back the prone position. the new frostbite engine looks really awesome as shown in this new leaked footage. as for having to upgrade, i'm glad i did last summer. most likely i'd have to upgrade my video card, been eyeballing the 6870 for sometime now, which should drop in price by the time bf3 comes out. ;)

http://blip.tv/file/4843459

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm

I agree with you toon, it seems the past couple years are extremely focused on giving you more awesome graphics, which is a good thing I suppose, I mean everyone wants to be awed with eyecandy I'm sure, but overall it's like the games themselves are relatively the same thing, just better looking and demanding better and better hardware, and more and more they lack any sort of 'downscaling' capability so many people will not get to play them because they can;t just go out and grab the latest and greatest equipment to run them. It's kind of a double edged sword sometimes I think, on one hand we all want to see the graphics get pushed to new limits and dazzle the fans, but on the other hand,annay of those fans won;t have rigs capable of running them in the first place.

Very few games are coming out that are actually doing something new and different (as far as content), I mean let's face it, for the most part if you have played a handful of decent FPS games, you may as well have played them all. I still play Battlefield 2 regularly, it is still a really good looking game, and it's old enough now that even my dated equipment can finally run the game in all it's glory with all the effect cranked up and it makes the game look fantastic, as much as I enjoy a new game I won;t be looking to get a new FPS for a long time because I know my system can;t handle it and overall the objectives of the games remain the same, so why get a new one when I can have just as much of a challenge and have as much fun playing the older one, which btw is still very popular and there are tons of servers still up and running full of players.

I think some new concepts are what is really needed, a very small handful games have come out recently that are not graphically amazing, but the game-play concepts are truly unique. Graphics are great, but in the end it is the game-play itself that keeps people playing, not the uber graphics, hence why numerous (particularly FPS) games have come and gone so quickly, look at COD Modern Warfare, we all thought that thing was the best shit since sliced bread, and now you can barely find any servers that have any population left playing/ Why? Another COD was released, then another, and now they are working on yet another. CS is probably the best example of the 'graphics over game-play' I am talking about, CS:S was released and what did it turn out to be? The exact same game, just looked better, they took no initiative to truly be creative and do something to make the game-play more interesting. At least a lot of these others did give you new storylines, but even so, it's still point and shoot, run here and there to collect secret data or something like that and before you know it, game over. Multiplayer is where the only real re-playability exists and even that gets goring after a while because inevitably people find ways to bunnyhop, dolphin dive or otherwise exploit some lame mechanic that makes true strategy woethless and matches end up the same frustrating BS over and over again.

RPG's aren't a whole lot better these days either, always the same crap, grind some type of dungeons 100,000 times over or doa million quests consisting of 'go out and kill 12 Oompah Loompahs' or 'go kill a bunch of scary wombats and bring back 9 wombat eggs' or some crap of that nature. They''ve lost the creative touch to bring something truly interesting and new to the table, and continue to remain focused on selling you the most awesome graphics you have ever seen for something with boring gameplay or so many cinematics it feels more like a movie than a game. Hell if I wanna watch a movie I'll watch a movie, and the graphics will always be awesome, and I can run movies on a really crappy system and still enjoy them!

Though I haven't played Minecraft I think it is a good example of something new and fresh being brought to the table, the graphics look like fried ass nuggets from what I have seen, but people are getting hooked because it is something different and that's what I believe they are really looking for, considering how fast it is gaining popularity I think it speaks for itself in that manner. LOL, while a sort of spin-off from HoN and DoTa, is still different from both of them and again it is not the graphics that are dazzling folks, while the game looks decent graphically, it's certainly not anything uber impressive, it's the game-play attracting people (and the fact that is is 100% free I suppose helps).

Anyway, I do love to see the sick graphics, but what really gets me is the fact that they could have had graphics like that much earlier than now, it would have taken more work and better coders to achieve it, but in all truthfulness those kinda of graphics can be brought out of older machines and lower-end equipment, it's just easier with newer faster stuff.

Okay, my novel is finished, carry on with your life.

Mahony

Postby Mahony on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 am

This game is in first with my next FPS game.

Iv got :
1) Battlefield 3
2) Brink
3) Homefront

Still havent made my mind, but battlefield has it so far.

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Another single player "episode"

captmorgan

Postby captmorgan on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 pm

-wicked-toon-X wrote:it's funny that the trailer is like every other game like it. some rock music, cuts of action phased together
by some computer/radar/satellite electronic sound (don't know how to explain it but they all do it)

i wish they would start making these games better not just harder to run on your computer.

SP honestly is a new thing with the battlefield series, the older BF games SP's were just the MP game with bots. I'd pay 60 bucks to get BF1942 with their new engine, that was easily one of the best games ever made.

Just a note, on PC this game will only support dx11, so xp users who care about this game will need to upgrade to either vista or win7, and everyone will need at least dx10 hardware. The devs also have said this game will run best on 64 bit OS's.

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 am

Episode 3

Return to Every Other Game