Star Wars: The old Republic

Catch-All forum for every other PC / Flash / Web / Console game out there
James

Star Wars: The old Republic

Postby James on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:31 am

Anyone else looking forward to this game? I enjoyed galaxies for a while until they royal screwed it. Bioware has done a fantastic job with their other games and they seem to be doing this one right as well.

http://www.swtor.com

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars: The old Republic

Postby glitch on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I liked Knights of the Old Republic, didn't much like the second one storywise. Let's hope they do a good job.

kelston

Postby kelston on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 pm

I like PvP and they haven't even remotely come close to making a PvP game. And as we've seen in Kotor series, the balance of sides is not really there.

James

Postby James on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:10 pm

This game is still along way out, They havent even finished developing many of the characters or classes yet. We'll see what they do. Im like Glitch though, im more into the storyline, then pvp (although it deffinatley doesn't hurt) and I like where this is going. I really want to see how they setup the economy. The crafting trees in galaxies were the best I've seen in any MMO, and I hope they bring some of that over. There weren't any raids or anything like that for the lightsaber of uber pwnage. Just about everything was player made, and the skill and resources that the player had is what detmined the strength and quality of the weapons, armor etc. Deffinatley brought some value to the crafting classes.

kelston

Postby kelston on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 pm

I like story but the major problem with story in an MMO (especially one that is well developed like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings) is that people want to play the main story arcs. But how much can you draw out killing Darth Vader or something (for example) before you start making up random shit just so your game doesn't "end" because it is supposed to be a game that lasts years.

Like what's going on with WoW now. They ran out of bad guys that the next expansion is a complete rehashing of old bad guys we killed in the game originally (even same names lol).

James

Postby James on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Well one of the great parts is that this takes place 300 years before the main story arc. Darth Vader is nowhere in this story.

James

Postby James on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:29 am

The pre-orders are now available for this one. open betas probably starting in September if anyone is interested.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm

i hate to admit this but ... i am actually considering trying this game out. mmo games typically bore the piss out of me but this being star wars might be enough to at least convince me to TRY it. heh.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Not me, thought the same thing about SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and although it looked pretty and it was nice to BE in that universe, the gameplay kinda sucked :/

Let me know if its actually good tho i might try it if you guys like it.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 pm

My brother is going to be playing this so I probably will too.. Sounds fun so far.

James

Postby James on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Did my beta testing bit, and now I get early access to the game starting today from my pre-order. In short the game has been released. Now I officially have another way to be a useless member of society.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 am

I ordered it. My cousin is playing and is huge nerd (he still paper and pen D&D's it up). I'm probably going to hop on a RP server with him. Provided I can even connect out here. I obviously won't be playing much but when I get back....GAME ON!

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:59 am

18.6 GB install. Fucking ridiculous!

-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:33 am

i bought it...playing on 4 dif servers:
Corilian run - jedi
kathol Rift - Sith
Giradda the hutt - Sith
Naddist Rebels- Sith

name is LeXoN on all

I dont play much during the week but i try to make up on the weekends. Let me know.

Return to Every Other Game