M. Night Shyamalan

toon-x reviews the films you don't want to watch.
buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

M. Night Shyamalan

Postby buzz on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Graph Predicts M Night Shyamalan Will Be Responsible for the First Ever Negative Tomatometer Rating

[ img ]

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: M. Night Shyamalan

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:21 pm

hahah that's awesome. live and die by rottentomatoes!

3s.WyldGoat

Postby 3s.WyldGoat on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Did anyone see the Last Airbender? I'm looking forward to this one.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 pm

lol, seriously he's giving Uwe Boll a run for his money.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 am

I've been waiting on the reviews on Airbender from you guys. Trailer looks cool but the reviews are turrible. Sup?

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:10 am

i imagine the effects are cool but unless you know the story you'll probably be like wtf?

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 pm

I've seen it in 3D and it gave me a headache... Seriously though, unless you've seen the cartoon (and even if you have), its just one big jumbled mess that seem to be all over the place. Looks like M focused more on effects that narrative. I'd give it a 2/5 at most.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:49 am

w4rrior wrote:I've seen it in 3D and it gave me a headache...

STOP seeing 3D movies that aren't filmed in 3D... Avatar (the Last Airbender), Clash of the Titans, and (if I am not mistaken) the upcoming Harry Potter were/are all post-processed 3D. This is bullshit tech that studios are using to cash in on the craze that Avatar (James Cameron's) started. As consumers we need to vote with our dollars and not pay extra for a gimmick. I want epic 3D movies filmed and planned in 3D from the start, not post-processed garbage. The conversion process is expensive enough (~30M USD for Transformers 3?!) that going to see the 2D version instead could make a difference...

Michael Bay wrote:“I am trying to be sold, and some companies are still working on the shots I gave them,” Bay said. “Right now, it looks like fake 3D, with layers that are very apparent. You go to the screening room, you are hoping to be thrilled, and you’re thinking, huh, this kind of sucks. People can say whatever they want about my movies, but they are technically precise, and if this isn’t going to be excellent, I don’t want to do it. And it is my choice.”

“I’m used to having the A-team working on my films, and I’m going to hand it over to the D-team, have it shipped to India and hope for the best? This conversion process is always going to be inferior to shooting in real 3D. Studios might be willing to sacrifice the look and use the gimmick to make $3 more a ticket, but I’m not. Avatar took four years. You can’t just shit out a 3D movie. I’m saying, the jury is still out.”

James Cameron wrote:“This is another example of Hollywood getting it wrong. 'Sony says, we’re doing Spider-Man in 3D.' The director doesn’t say, 'Hey, I want to make the movie in 3D.' The studio says, 'You want to direct this movie? You’re doing it in 3D, motherfucker!' That’s not how it should be. I’ve tried for the last seven years to get filmmakers excited, and they all hung back while Pixar and DreamWorks did animation and me and a couple others did live action. We prove the point, and now filmmakers are being told to make their movies in 3D.”

Check out the source: http://www.deadline.com/2010/03/michael ... ry-is-out/

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:20 pm

michael knows his bs action movies so if he's not on board...

it's true though he makes some beautiful shots of explosions.

Return to Movie Land