For you democrats

Where CNN gets their information
awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: For you democrats

Postby awp-killer on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Yes, or rather, if the risk of deflation is more concerning.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:15 pm

You know, after all these years, I think I've just finally given up on you AJ. Progressives are ignorant. They push for a utopian society that just CANNOT exist given human nature. You don't get something for nothing. EVER. End of story. Progressives have progressed every great society out of existence. And it's happening in europe right now the more conservative countries in the EU are succeeding and continually bailing out the more 'progressive' countries. You don't form strong economies through government keynes was/is wrong.
I have come to the conclusion nobody wants their mind changed hippies will be hippes and gun lovers will stay gun lovers. The only time people ever really change is when they grow up and get a bit wiser....like I did. I'm sure everyone remembers my conservative bashing days during the Bush/Kerry campaign. Once you pass the 'grown up' stage you either stop being liberal and wise up, or you continue being liberal and pushing for never never land.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:38 pm

And as for the spending.....

The deficit has DOUBLED under his tenure. That alone ought to tell how his 'spending' is working. If he has slowed it down, he hasn't slowed it down enough. He is spending beyond his means. If tax revenue is down, that means you spend that much less. Any household with a brain figures that out. Shame our government can't.

Of course libs are great at cooking the books. I mean the ACA is cost neutral right?

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 am

-PC-Taishar wrote:. The only time people ever really change is when they grow up and get a bit wiser....like I did. I'm sure everyone remembers my conservative bashing days during the Bush/Kerry campaign. Once you pass the 'grown up' stage you either stop being liberal and wise up, or you continue being liberal and pushing for never never land.

Tell me about it, when I first registered to vote I was so naive. Looking back after turning thirty I can't believe I was ever like that. I used to be so dumb.

Now I'm a Democrat.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 pm

You come with a bunch of quotes trying to show why government spending is bad, and I point out the quotes are actually about inflation. Instead of defending your position, your new argument is: I've given up on you and progressives are ignorant. I'm not interested a conversation that devolves into ad hominem fighting.

Progressives have progressed every great society out of existence. And it's happening in europe right now the more conservative countries in the EU are succeeding and continually bailing out the more 'progressive' countries.
As if Germany isn't progressive? You are just redefining the word.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Tiberian_Son wrote:Now I'm a Democrat.
Welcome to the dark side. :o I had a similar experience, actually. I even voted for Bush back in 2000.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm

You're right it does sound like I'm backing out on this particular argument. It just took till this argument for me to realize speaking with you is futile. You don't want to change your mind any more than I do. You did point out my posts were about inflation not government spending, but if you don't see that government spending is directly tied to inflation you're more ignorant that I had thought. Inflation is caused by flooding the market with more currency. The government does this by continually 'borrowing' (read printing) money. I.E. big government=big inflation.

Now to throw you a bone. I would be absolutely FINE with government spending as long as our economy was strong enough to create the tax revenue to spend and create a balanced budget. But you and I both know that's never going to happen.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:10 pm

If it makes you guys feel better, I don't think i've ever met anyone that actually changed their minds after a good ol' political debate. In fact, it seems like it always ends in bloodshed. I hate this forum

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:47 pm

the only thing worse than political debates are religious debates.

the thing i've always liked about this forum is even with the drastically different opinions, it doesn't really spill over outside this sub-forum.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 am

HangOver wrote:the only thing worse than political debates are religious debates.

Dare I say....Amen!

So true, so so true...

Previous

Return to Politics