Open forum

Where CNN gets their information
-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Open forum

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Ok everyone obviously knows my stance on Cap and Trade but, without getting into the details of all the legislation going down, does anyone else think that there is just WAY too much being passed WAY too quickly?

I'm open for debate. Be it health care reform, Wall Street regulation, or Cap and Trade. But, at least with Health Care and Cap and Trade, these are HUGE (dare I say revolutionary) changes in the way America operates. Like I said I'm certainly up for debate, but I think it's a travesty this is getting shoved down our throats so quickly. I mean does ANYONE really think the Senators and Congressmen have a chance to thoroughly peruse, modify, and adjust the bills being proposed so that it is truly what's best for the American public? Even ONE of these bills is so far reaching and revolutionary that open (and transparent to the public) debate should be had for at LEAST a couple years. I mean you wake up one morning and find that while you slept a version of Cap and Trade gets passed. Then while you go to bed still kind of befuddled at how that happened you wake up the next and find that mandatory health insurance is just around the corner. Did anyone know that is in the bill just passed? Just like the car insurance I've paid into for 20yrs and NEVER made a claim. I figure I've paid an average of $180/mo for the past 200 months and NEVER made a claim. $36000 I'll never see. I'd guesstimate that my average yearly income since I started working at 15 would come out to around 25000. So basically I've worked for a year and a half just to be covered in the slight case I might get into an accident. Ugh I digress. Like I said I don't want to get into details (I suppose that last part could have gone in the bitch bitch bitch section).

I feel the only reason all this is going through so quickly is because they know Americans are REALLY opposed to a lot of this and will display that opposition come next November. The Senate will no longer have a 60 vote majority liberal slant, and I think Congress is REALLY going to see a shift to the conservative side. Either way even if that IS why they are doing it, it's flat wrong. Seems like the same thing Republicans did with the Patriot Act. I think they pass all this radical crap on both sides in order to have the public over compensate come election time. Hell this way they can keep getting filibuster proof majority votes every election cycle. Republicans pass radical BS legislature, the public responds by voting them all out and putting in a democrat majority, then they pass their radical legislation. So on and so forth until the tax payer is utterly FOOKED.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Open forum

Postby HangOver on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:00 pm

the best thing you can do is try to convince your fellow marines and other branches of the military to overthrow our government. americans are far too lazy to stand up and do something about the bullshit (which is exactly what our government wants). a revolution at this point is our only real option.

now, having said that, i can't say that these radical and crazy things our government is currently doing might not actually work. certainly the status quo isn't getting things done so we might as well try something different. i'm not smart enough to see the big picture. all i know is that our government has worked us into an extremely shitty predicament. and they seem more concerned with killing worthless arabs than with fixing our country. if we can put a man on the moon within a ten year deadline we can certainly restructure our country in 10 years to NOT depend on oil. but no, there's too much money in oil right now so the powers that be will continue to push us further and further down the shitter. right now we're a shit stain on the side of the bowl but they've got the toilet brush in hand.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Great hang you've just skylined wickednet on every three letter agency's watch list. Overthrow the government...revolution!!!!HAYSOOS!!!! You're trying to get buzz thrown in jail?!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 pm

at least we don't live in Afghanistan...

Return to Politics