Elite Member
Elite Member

Should Iran be allowed to have nukes?

Postby -PC-Taishar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 am

Well?

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Should Iran be allowed to have nukes?

Postby HangOver on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 am

not with their current leadership.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 am

i truely believe it would just be for self defence.

like how different would the iraq war have gone sadam had few "shitty" nukes, its just a deterent. using them, or even losing/giving them away would certainly mean their own destruction.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm

i know that amanamajab likes to thumb his nose at us but with the shit he's said about israel i don't think israel will let them get nukes. despite what the US does if iran gets too close to having nukes israel will attack. they'll have no choice.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

this isn't like spain or the netherlands wanting nukes.

this country is constantly talking about the total destruction of another, is in constant conflict. we already have enough
people with nukes. most of them are in countries that are stable so we aren't scared right now. but india and pakistan
having nukes is kind of scary. i think we have enough countries with nukes that are odds with each other with those two
countries as it is.

if they pursue nukes seriously israel will do something about it and we will back them, maybe not openly but iran isn't
friendly towards the US and Europe. Even if it's all just swinging dicks and their people like the west but the leaders
are the ones with the issues. The leaders are the ones with a real say in the matter.

[GWR]Droogan

I don't think Spain should be allowed to have nukes.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

i woudn't want anyone else having nukes. shit it's bad enough so many countries already have them. i just mean
at least they are stable and aren't talking about annihilation another country every other week.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Had the protesters won and the new leader took office, would letting Iran develop nukes have then been a good reward, or rather demonstration of good faith? To perhaps encourage other Sharia Law states/provinces to follow suit.

At what point should the United States take military action? Should we at all? One thing many people don't understand, like it or not our world position at the head of the bargaining table rests in the Middle East. Maybe not completely, but strongly. Maintaining stability in that region is vital. Iran attaining nukes would go a LONG way toward solidifying them as sole power in the Middle East. Having that position, along with open backing from Russia would do a lot to diminish the power of the United States (and by association you too my Canadian brethren). That kind of alliance could give access to the type of perfect storm that would allow the Dollar to be overturned as the international currency of choice. And if THAT happens we're in a very very big shitstorm.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Fuck them.. If I can't have nukes, nobody does

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

if the demonstrators had won some how i don't know if they'd continue with the nukes. although i hear that over
there it's a matter of pride to be a country with nuclear capability since most all other countries that have it are
Christian.

at least that's how it was viewed in Pakistan. it was a moment for them to be proud. kind of like landing on the moon.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:47 am

If the (s)election went the other way, this particular issue would not have made a difference. Their President doesn't make those kind of choices, the Leader does. The President is just the guy that has to go out there and sell it.

Their whole government has been taken over by the conservatives. If the reformist party was running the joint, and the government was stable, this would be a different story. But then again, they wouldn't be trying to develop nukes either. Look at Dubai, they are building a reactor, and no one is outraged at them. Hell, we are helping them develop the regulatory infrastructure.

I feel like I know a good bit about this topic, since I work at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and I know a few people from Iran. :D

[Creep]-Tyrant

I have nukes.....

Return to Politics