Stimulus Package?

Where CNN gets their information

Stimulus or no stimulus

Stimulus because I have an informed opinion and can back it up.
20%
No stimulus because I have an informed opinion and can back it up.
40%
Stimulus because I really love Barack Obama
10%
No Stimulus because I really hate Barack Obama
No votes
Rework the damn thing then maybe we'll talk
30%

Total votes : 10

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Stimulus Package?

Postby -PC-Taishar on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:18 pm

What do the politcal pundits of wickednet think?

Cane

Re: Stimulus Package?

Postby Cane on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:57 pm

The cuts are somewhat scary in some parts, but the others aren't bad. However I believe that this stimulus package will work, I just hope that the recovery.gov website will adequately project the amounts in where the funds are spent.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 pm

i think it's really beyond my understanding.

you can hear people for or against parts of it and you're like yeah that makes sense and they're only talking
about one small tiny slice of the pie. the numbers are insane and i'm not an economic theorist and they get
it wrong all the time.

from what i gather it's needed and fast. just to get people working on some shit.

all i'm really for is public execution of the top 30 people at like the 4 big banks.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Yeah, the big number scares me to be honest. Sliced up, alot if it seems to make sense but I wonder if alot of that is really needed at this time. I heard a saying once, something along the lines of never letting a crisis go to waste so maybe that's why some of that is in there. All I can really do is hope for the best. I still got a job and can afford to put food on the table (*knock on wood*) so hopefully the package doesn't end up making matters worse.

PS - I voted for Stimulous Package because I love Barack. Mainly cuz I like the guy and there was no 'im retarded with no real opinion' option.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 am

You guys are gonna get fucked by debt. If you wanna hear my opinion on that you can find it spread all over this forum.

bad idea, regardless of liking obama

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 am

there's gonna be a crash eventually so we might as well get it out of the way. let shit hit rock bottom and start the recovery instead of delaying it. having said that, i can't say that the stimulus package WON'T work. with complex shit like this the only way to know if something will work is to put it out there and try. inactivity certainly won't fix things. i like obama. he seems genuine in his desire to fix things but i'm also glad to see that not everyone is just blindly getting in line with him. that was one of my big concerns with his election. everyone is so happy that he's "not george bush" and about him being black that i was worried he'd be able to get away with a lot of bullshit. that doesn't appear to be happening (yet).

of course, since i've always got my tinfoil hat on i think this entire recession is just a way to bolster our military. when people start loosing jobs they start joining the military. *shrugs*

and i agree with toon. line up the top 30 greedy fucks responsible for this and execute every last mother fucking one of them.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:34 am

thats funny you mention that because i heard on the radio that the armed forces are getting a huge boost in
recrutement. although i think it would have been cheaper just pay people more than to crash the world's economy
haha so take the hat off ;D.

Cane

Postby Cane on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:23 pm

The armed forces will always get a huge boost in recruitment in tougher times. Always. The good news is that it means that it means that requirements will go up as well though.

You really can't beat it from a standard of A) Get a shitty job, still have no money and pay for my rent, utilities, etc. or B) Join the armed forces and have my rent paid for, food paid for, utilities paid for, save money up the wazoo for it, 4 weeks paid vacation, etc. That's tough to beat when you look at this shitty job market all around the US.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:26 pm

unless you value your life ;D hehe

but who does?

random chance!

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:09 pm

god has a reason for everything.

*snicker*

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 pm

i can't believe we've made it this far with one anyone mentioning that this thing is called a Stimulus Package... hehe

i haven't heard one comedian make a joke on it. weird. maybe because it's so serious...

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:01 am

I'd like the government to stimulate my package!

there you go happy now?

Kitty

Postby Kitty on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:12 pm

glitch wrote:I'd like the government to stimulate my package!

there you go happy now?

So does this mean I'm off the hook tonight?

Return to Politics