Site is moving this week !!!

Site news and other relevant information
buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site is moving this week !!!

Postby buzz on Tue May 22, 2007 4:58 pm

It's about time for, what seems to be, our yearly server move. At some point this week, you will see a cheezy place holder page while the move is in progress then the forums again when the new server info has propogated to your DNS server.

[plug] For my personal use, I use a service called OpenDNS. Aside from the features mentioned on their website, one of the options I like the most is something called CacheCheck. Something that is pretty handy in times like this when i'm going to make a server switch. Basicly, you force their DNS to check what is the new REAL server info and it updates all their servers. Most servers will just use what is in cache until the "time to live" expires. Sometimes, I've had to wait days for bellsouth DSL to get the new info. With OpenDNS, I do a cachecheck and i'm back in business. [/plug]

Emails should not be lost at all since they are already on a seperate server on google's network and our MX records won't be changing.

If things go crazy and you dont know what to do, catch me on AIM or shoot me an email. If you don't know any of my info then well, I probably don't like you.

<3 buzz

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri May 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Everything is in place for the move. I'm going to do it on Monday at some point, probably real early in the morning. You should be able to see the site within a few hours to a couple days depending on how slow your DNS is.

Return to Announcements