Think I'm ready to call it quits

Pitch a fit here
SaBeRwOlF

Postby SaBeRwOlF on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:32 pm

....DK....if u leave i will personally come to ur house.... duck tape u to ur comp chair. secure the chair to the floor. tape u hands to ur keyboard. and make a box that i can position around ur head so u can only look forward... and i will log u into the wicked server from which u will never leave until u starve to death or ask me very nicely to be released :). and u'll have to play cs only using a keyboard (and that would suck).

i luv u DK
u cant go....

i've been sick for the past week but i will return... and when i do u better return also.... or else! (...read above if u dont remember what "or else" is :P )

Khemikal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Khemikal on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:56 pm

You know he's black right?

Kevin

Darknight

Postby Darknight on Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:46 am

LoL Khem.

If valve didn't respond and help me fix the prob, you would've scared me into staying Saber.

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rope on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:31 pm

BitDefender running by any chance? This is the only related program I could find that "hooks" your connection on the same port Steam uses to update.

It's a connection issue, so I'd do this: KILL the Steam process so you KNOW it isn't running

from a command line type netstat -a
This will list all open ports on your machine and the status. If you see any of the following port numbers listed as ESTABLISHED or LISTENING, you have another program on your PC trying to use it.

UDP 1200 (used for friends service)
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
TCP 27020 to 27039 inclusive
TCP 27040 and 27041 only for CyberCafe Owners
UDP: 27015 and 27020 (default HLDS, SRCDS and HLTV port)
TCP: 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Scan for spyware, turn off AV. It has to be something like that.

Good luck bro!
Josh

Darknight

Postby Darknight on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:18 pm

Thanks Josh, Valve responded and I got it fixed. It was some LSP bug that might have been caused by x-fire.

I did see people repeatedly post about Bitdefender though, what the hell is it, and how do I avoid getting it on my PC?

Previous

Return to Bitch Bitch Bitch