DK

Pitch a fit here
MIkeRamBot

DK

Postby MIkeRamBot on Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:38 pm

Love ya bro but u gotta stop playing those stupid ass maps on the server :?

dc

Postby dc on Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:40 am

They're in the rotation.
They bring people to the server.
Maps win.

Khemikal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Khemikal on Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:46 am

I don't even play anymore and most non-standard maps suck...in my opinion...an exception being Mansion of course and AIM maps...and deagle5...and scoutzknivez.

Kevin

Darknight

Postby Darknight on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:11 am

de_dust
cs_italy
cs_deagle5
de_prodigy
fy_houses
de_dust2
fy_pool_day
de_inferno
cs_office
de_aztec
de_westwood
cs_747
de_cpl_mill
awm_map-team74
de_train
cs_militia
aim_aztec_world

de_cpl_fire

That's the current cycle. The ones in high-lighted are the custom maps. With the exception of de_westwood, they all last less than 10 minutes. There are a bunch of other maps on the server not in the rotation. When ever I'm on, I change it to them. Why, not to annoy you or anyone else, but to get people to in the server. It's been a long time since I could open CS and see people playing on wicked; the cycle change partially brought it back to the way things used to be.

This has been ongoing for years; the majority of people ask for a change in maps and rotation, and when it happens, all you hear is complaints. All I can say is, if anyone else feels that way, post your thoughts, and if enough people feel the same way, then eventually it will go back the way it was, and I will never open my mouth, I won't nag anyone, or lift a finger ever again trying to change rotation or add maps to the server. I just don't care anymore.

Khemikal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Khemikal on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:38 am

Well Fuck you and the horse you rode in on! ;)

Kevin

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:16 pm

In the past when we had custom maps, it would just kill the server, and it would stay that way until someone would come and sit in there for 10-15 minutes and get it going again.

Don't get me wrong, I love custom maps and I would like it both ways too, and I think some custom maps are okay, but they need to be really small popular ones like dustworld (or whatever its called). Granted I haven't played much in a long time, so don't really think my opinion matters here too much, but I haven't heard of many of those custom maps. poolday and deagle5 shouldn't be that bad, but the second part of the whole rotation I don't think is going to hold people here.

The best two custom maps ever, mansion and speedball, barely ever finished with a full server(and they aren't there!:cry:). They needed pickup player maps after them to make sure the server stayed full, like dust2, aztec, italy or inferno. mill and fire are big maps made for lots of players. Even if the server doesn't get killed by a custom map and has a few players afterwards, fire and mill are just too big and will also be server killers. fire and mill, and even 747 are almost on the same level as a popular custom map anyway. I would be surprised if the server got through the bottom part of the rotation and still had a significant amount of people in it regularly.

But hey, I very well could be wrong. If you don't have any of these kinda problems, I say keep it the way it is because custom maps rock.

Darknight

Postby Darknight on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Well Moj, that's just it. %90 of the maps that we put on there takes an average of 30-45 secs to DL. They're really small fast pace maps, that don't usually last more than 10 minutes. And those same maps are responsible for the increase in traffic. In the past before steam, it was a bitch to DL custom maps. Now a days they don't take that long unless it's an incredibly large map. And I agree about fire and mill, after a few days, I realized those were mistakes.

Maybe I'm trying to hold on to something that's not there anymore. Playing CS on wkd, and reading forums use to brighten my day. Guess it's time to accept that half of that is gone.

Toede

Postby Toede on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:29 pm

not unless we get a CS:Source server going, CS 1.6 is dead, long live source!

Maver|ck

Postby Maver|ck on Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Toede wrote:not unless we get a CS:Source server going, CS 1.6 is dead, long live source!

I think its sad to say....but it is true. Little by little I have been playing source more than 1.6, and now I only go back to 1.6 when I see some familiar faces on wkd.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:35 am

DK I commend you for getting those maps added and making a little change to things, I know a lot ppl resisted the idea of any custom maps because they felt it would empty the server rather than fill it, but the reality is after all the years CS has been around, the majority has gottne tired of the same old maps over and over again. When Wicked would be empty I would look at rineds or now x-fire and see ppl playing on other servers with custom maps.
Many many people already have a lot of the smaller custom maps already, if not the choices you picked are great because of the incredibly short D/L time.
I always loved mansion and speedbal, but I admit they emptied the server the fastest, especially mansion.
I think you did a good thing and the rotation is nice becasue the regular maps are still there so it's not like 24/7 custom maps, but it's not stuck on the same old hum-drum rotation either, a nice meld of the two.
I know buzz should be stoked with 747 back in line!
hehe
<3 to all

psykomakia

Postby psykomakia on Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:44 pm

Darknight wrote:Well Moj, that's just it. %90 of the maps that we put on there takes an average of 30-45 secs to DL. They're really small fast pace maps, that don't usually last more than 10 minutes. And those same maps are responsible for the increase in traffic. In the past before steam, it was a bitch to DL custom maps. Now a days they don't take that long unless it's an incredibly large map. And I agree about fire and mill, after a few days, I realized those were mistakes.

Time of d/l doesn't matter. Most people, including me, will see that they don't have the map, and leave without even attempting a d/l.

But like mojo said, we don't really care, nor do we think our opinions matter. Just an fyi.

Darknight

Postby Darknight on Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:28 pm

In the past I would've agreed with you side; most of the time 60% of the people on aren't regs, yet they all stay to DL the map IF it's the "fy", "aim", or "awp" map (because they don't take long at all). When it goes to something like cpl_mill, or cpl_fire, they all drop because that takes approximately 5 minutes on my connection vs someone who lives on the west coast or even in Canada.

But like I said, I'm done trying to hold on to it. If it dies it dies. I have too many things in life to let this get to me.

P.S. Thanks Tyrant. <3

psykomakia

Postby psykomakia on Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:35 pm

CS is dead as much as you say it is. There are still servers out there that are always full.

If we had a lareger reg base who actually played alot, CS would be as alive as ever. It is dead because no one HERE plays anymore.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:08 pm

747 is back! woo!

Khemikal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Khemikal on Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:19 pm

Wickednet needs to go Source.

Kevin

Next