Fuck tech support.

Pitch a fit here
[GWR]Droogan

Fuck tech support.

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Fuck it. I hate providing tech support. People are stupid, disorganized, rude, illiterate, childish, stupid (did I say that).... Fuck it.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Fuck tech support.

Postby zel on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Ya man thats why i left that realm a LONG time ago. It's not worth the money. I've had business owners threaten to sue me cause its MY fault they didnt back their shit up and their HD died and get all rude and crass with me for something that is actually their fault. I did help one lady more than i should have tho because she literally started crying and i felt real bad. The worst part was we had to maintain an avg call time of 10 minutes, 10 MINUTES!!! any longer than that and we had to brush them off fast as we could or it was our job on the line. But if its not the customer you had to fight it was management. I had one guy with an obviously defective monitor under warranty (red didn't show up) but there was a mandatory BIOS update for his model PC so my super forced me to mail him the update on floppy even tho we knew it wouldn't fix it. Even worse we were paid by-the-second. We only got paid for each second your phone was set to "available". :( man I just cant stand doing tech support.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:32 pm

oh dear god that sounds like an awful job.

a buddy of mine got a job at a call center, when he went for lunch on his first day he didnt go back. didn't call them or anything. Ive never imagined walking off a job like that, but it would have to be pretty bad job to drive people away that badly.

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Ok, I did my month end September billing. I make great money. I am now calm.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 pm

on a side note, you're 2 posts away form being 1337, get ready to screen cap :P

Toede

Postby Toede on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:06 pm

End user tech support is the WORST, I worked in a call center for a year and 4 months, then got promoted to the NOC. So much easier, and the people I deal with now are people who know the fuck what I am talking about when I tell them to default the AP. You still get the retards every now and then, but they are few and far between the farther you go up the nerd ladder.

Toede

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 am

zel wrote:on a side note, you're 2 posts away form being 1337, get ready to screen cap :P

lol i had a cap of mine when it hit that milestone. wonder if i could dig that up ...

Return to Bitch Bitch Bitch