CarMax - Dont buy from them

Pitch a fit here
Mahony

CarMax - Dont buy from them

Postby Mahony on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:33 pm

CarMax

Small piece of history, bought from them in 05 (dodge stratus). After three months my engine light came on. I didn’t think much of it, possibly the gas cap, etc. small shit. Well 2 months after this I had my first car inspection (in VA you have to get the car inspected every year or every other). Well low and behold, the car fails because of a "bad Tire Rod." Well after that was fixed and about $500 bucks later my car starts to make a cracking sound when ever I turn, step on the gas, go over a bump, you name it. Plus the engine light is still on to this very day!!!
Over the past 2 years I have taken this car to 8 different people, including CarMax for 3 freaking weeks. Everyone always found a different problem with this piece of shit, except CarMax, they told me it was fine! Well finally I did some research and found a recall part from dodge about the same type of noise I was having. After the dodge dealership added the part, the noise didn’t stop. Sigh..
So they looked over the car again (note: iv spent over 2 grand with fixing different parts with the front suspension) Well the dodge guy calls me and says "Has this car been in an accident?" I said nope, just a fender bender. Well the tech tells me that the steel frame has been bent, and the only way that could of happened was… a bad fuckin crash. So last night I did a CarFax report, (I know should of done this sooner, but I trusted CarMax) low and behold the car was in a major crash that totaled the front structural of the frame. The owner sold the car to CarMax about 4 months later. So the reason I have to fix everything with the car, is basically because CarMax did NOT do what they claim to do. A proper fucking inspection of the car!!! Bent frame = the rest of the car parts will eventually break/fail.

I mean on CarMax's website it even says this crap about not selling a lemon car, yet here I am with a fucking lemon car. All this shit about 125 point inspection and what not. BS!! It took me taking it to 10 different people for THEM to do the right type of inspection to notice the REAL problem.

From CarMax's site:
"Lemon" may be the first thing you think about when you hear "used car." You know one of those cars your neighbor got stuck with that spent more time in the shop than in the driveway. That's why we created CarMax. Every CarMax car has been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned so it feels like new. And every car comes with a Limited 30-Day Warranty (60-Day in CT)* and a 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee* so you can relax. It's peace of mind.

So, any suggestions on what I should ask for?
1) New car
2) 2 grand in cash for all the money I had to put into that piece of shit.
3) Some type of comp for 2 years of bullshit.

Azriel

Re: CarMax - Dont buy from them

Postby Azriel on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:05 pm

Same thing happened to one of my friends. He bought a used Ford Escape from a site like that. History said everything was fine but a little while after he started driving it, he knew something was wrong with it. yadda yadda yadda he takes it to some guy who finds that the frame has been skewed most likely from the previous owner trying to pull something that was too heavy.

I think he sued the owner and ended up getting a brand new car, and all of his money back for the repairs.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CarMax - Dont buy from them

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:31 pm

i think you should calculate the time you've taken out of your life for this and ask them for a sum of money
per hour. Maybe what you get paid at wok?

god i hate to say this but you should get a lawyer and fuck em hard, lord knows how many people get screwed like that

at least at car max there's someone that you can go to. Imagine if it was from some dude that you bought it from.

Return to Bitch Bitch Bitch