Jail, Courts, Judges and Constitutional Rights

Pitch a fit here
[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:37 am

MaDSpartus wrote:alberta man,

mcdonals pays 15 an hour out there...we import workers on temporary lisences from china

Ty you should really consider this (not the MacDonalds part). Alberta, Canada is a hotbed of jobs. They are even sending recruiters to other provinces and having job fairs because they can't get enough Police, Firemen, Construction Workers, etc.

Really you should immigrate. We'll take you sight unseen.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 am

honestly alberta is sick for job but um, i just realized....

i dunno anything about imigration law, and it seems like you have a list of arrests against you. I don't know much about the situation but you should probably do the research and make sure you could get in before you drive there and try.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 am

canadian's will take you no matter what ;D

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:59 am

wow talk about shitty. i wish you the best and that this gets resolved once and for all.

Cane

Postby Cane on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:30 pm

Why don't you type up a resume Tyrant. I'm sure all of us could pass it around somewhere, and see if we can't get you settled out somewhere.

This is absolute bullshit, and I have my AS in pre-law...so naturally, I'm a bit pissed that this judge petitioned you not being able to have counsel, even though you were technically mistried. Talk to a lawyer for counsel rights (All lawyers must give counsel rights free of charge, required by the BAR and Federal Law.) and see what they would charge to have this appealed and over ruled.

I'm going to give my old job a call, they were pressed for some IT people. Also, I'm going to post on my old message boards for all the IT people to give me a PM to chat about you, see where it would be best for you to start.

I'm really sorry that the system screwed you over, it's not supposed to do that. People see a loophole or a disadvantage to another person and attack, leaving them helpless and taking the brunt of all that comes, and unfortunately, we can't hold anyone responsible. I hope you do take the opportunity to talk to a lawyer about what Mojo posted (I knew about the subject matter previously) and see what they can do....too many petitions against a judge, let alone in a civil and family court (i.e. debts and custody of children) will get his dumbass off the bench.

-Drew

Cane

Postby Cane on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Also, I would recommend looking around on http://cpol.army.mil as well as http://ask.afpc.randolph.af.mil/ to look for jobs.

The military is one of the best payers for civilian jobs, and you'll have job security up the wazoo. In some instances, and I'd imagine a case like yours....personnel development would take a while because of the priors, but that's only because of security. I know quite a few civi IT people who come to work in a pair of khaki's, golf shirt, and get paid $60,000 a year and can live on base. Living on base also means you get to access the PX....Tax free items. That means department like stores, grocery stores, etc. all tax free :)

Check it out. Let me know if I can be of some help.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 pm

More Updates:
I am passing the G.E.D. tests easily, so far I took 3 out of 5 tests, becasue I completed the first one so fast I was able to take another the same day, I finished that one in about 30 minutes, so i was allowed to take a 3rd.
My scores so far:
Reading Comprehension: 100%
Social Studies & geography: 100%
Writing, Grammar and an Essay: 100%

2 more tests to go, can't take them till next week, I am pretty confident I'll score 100's on those since it's Science (<3) and Math. The math test doesn't even go into Geometry other than the very basics like area of a sqaure and such. After all those years of construction I am pretty sure the math will be a breeze,

I spoke with the M$ Representative again to let her know I'll have my GED so I can qualify for the IT Tech classes and got more information about the program. As long as I can manage to get by for a while until I can finish the IT Tech courses I'll be alright, when I complete the courses I will be allowed to choose where I want to look for work, and they do job placement for you.
The minimum pay for the job placement is $65,000 a year, the better you score the more that will go up.she said considering my results from the preliminary testing, if further testing shows my knowlege to be extenesive in those areas that I scored well I could possibly (not definitely, depends) be looking at job placement above $150,000 a year.
I could live with that, in the meantime, this whole homeless crap is gonna suck, but my brother and I may have that solved shortly, we'll see.
Right now I have to stay on top of the schooling, Canada would be an awesome idea, I could get my teeth fixed too, but I am afarid my ex-wife would find me there.
She left Florida about 2 months ago and fled to Canada hoping to evade arrest for more stuff, I don;t honestly know the details, all I know is now she is in trouble in Florida as well as the old stuff here in N.C. so now she can't stay in or near either state, I'm thinking (guessing) that whatever she did it must be farily serious for her to run to another freaking country, otherwise I assume she would have just ran off to a different state.
However, that means I can consider Florida more seriously now without worry of her interfering with me there. I know that sounds crazy that a guy would be paranoid about even being in the same state as an ex-wife, but I know her, all she would have to know is that I anywhere within the same state and she would do something, anything, just for the sheer sake of knowing she was fucking up my life, it's just how she is.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:11 pm

Get her a nice restraining order for Christmas (and then use the restraining order as evidence to ruin her credibility in court so that she can't ruin your credibility as a father :o )

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:17 pm

PS: Mojo, awesome post man, that gives me a precedent, and I know courts/judges like to follow precedents. I always have the same judge every single time, never a jury. I'm not 100% sure about this but I think (if I understood the lawyer right) they get away with the no attorney trials on the basis that this is not a criminal case, it is a civil case and therefore certain rights don't absolutely and 100% implicitly apply, can be 'interpreted' differently since it's not a criminal issue.
That given it also limits what they can do to me, they can never incarcerate me for more than 30 days at a time, which is why they have my case 'semi-divided', basically it is just so they can charge me with non-compliance (contempt of court) twice, so they can stick me in jail for 60 days at a time.
Anyway, at the moment my spirits are much higher than they yesterday, I know whatever happens if I can get a roof over my head and manage to squeak by long enough to become M$ certified, my financial problems will end, even if I had pay double the support it would be easy on that kind of income, I've managed to survive some years on barely more than $5000 for the year, I think $65,000 minimum would make it much easier to deal with and I wouldn't even care that I had to pay the money out, it would be worth the peace of mind and end to the hassle.

I'll keep the updates coming as I progress.

Alki
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Alki on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm sorry yur going through all this BullSh!t man ... thats basically what it all is. Can I ask how much the debt is?

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:26 pm

If I understand everything correctly it's like $720 remaining on the public assistance and $11,000 for the past couple years they claim as arrears even though I had the kids, which is where my argument has been from the first day I went to court.
So as bad as that sounds, in the end, I look at my life financially and I see one certain aspect that IS good, most 'successful' people are many 10's even 100's of thousands of dollars in debt, it's just called credit, but it totals incredible amounts.
Everything I owe in this entire world, every single dime I ever borrowed from anyone who needs repayed, $11,720 in child support and $8,500 in taxes plus the $1400 Mom paid to get me out of jail all added together is less than $23,000 dollars.
So mathematically it's easily possible to see how a $65,000 income could erradicate my problems, in less than a year easily and I would be fine. My brother managed to savage the bulk of my stuff from my place while I was in jail, I lost very little but my van is packed full to the gills along with his storage unit. So I don;t need to buy furniture and all that stuff, I just need to get by and put as much toward the debt.
Right now I'm definitely following this educational path to get there and have that job so I can do that, I just need to do something in the meantime.

JaKe

Postby JaKe on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:07 pm

Man, that's rediculous how you get fucked by the system repeatedly. Makes me wish I was a lawyer so I could fly out there and own your screwed up legal system, but alas, I'm 18 and have no intentions of being a lawyer. This kind of stuff is why I'm pessimistic about society. Wish I could help :(

Khemikal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Khemikal on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:42 am

You'd have to be licensed to practice in NC or else you'd need to hire local counsel Jake.

Kevin

JaKe

Postby JaKe on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 am

Khemikal wrote:You'd have to be licensed to practice in NC or else you'd need to hire local counsel Jake.

Kevin

I assumed something like that, I know that I can't actually go and practice law without some sort of license or certification. Was just saying, if I were a lawyer, I'd go help.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:41 am

I hate to be a debbie downer but it might be hard to get a $65k job right off the bat without experience. Not to say you DON'T have experience, everyone knows that you know your shit but, if i'm not mistaken, you'll be joining the IT work force for the first time. At least here in Miami, someone with a couple certs but no previous exp would prolly land a job around $45k ...

If this lady can land a job that pays $150k/yr, give me that chick's number - i'm moving to NC!

PreviousNext

Return to Bitch Bitch Bitch