$110 ticket for not wearing seat belt

Pitch a fit here
w4rrior

$110 ticket for not wearing seat belt

Postby w4rrior on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:02 am

Bull bull bull. I was sitting in the backseat of my van, and my mom was driving to the gas station to fill up/pick up a few things. When we almost there, pulling out of a neighbourhood, a cop standing by a stop sign pulls us over. Obviously, as the title states, I wasnt wearing a belt, mainly because it was going to be a 2 minute drive just to go get gas. The cop told me that if i take to court i'll most likely end up winning. This was my first ticket and the reason why he didnt give me a warning was because of some zero tolerance policy. I understand that you should have your seatbelt on always, but im pissed off that i didnt get a warning, especially since it was my first time. Now im gonna have to waste time going to court for this...ugh.

Anyways, to all my fellow wkdnet canadians (especially those in ontario), be on the lookout! always wear your seatbelts, even if your gonna be in the car for only a minute.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:09 am

The OCtranspo (bus service) cop gave me a $70 ticket two weeks ago for having an open beer at the bus stop while waiting to go downtown.

I think they saw me on the closed circuit camera cause they just drove up and said where is the beer?

Ruskin
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Ruskin on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:42 am

yeah, they were out in full force this weekend, and are supposed to be for the next 2 weeks atleast. But in all honesty, it's your own fault for not having a belt on. Not only is it a law, it's really just stupid to not have one on. They are far from uncomfortable anymore, and the amount of people hurt/killed because of the whole "im 2 minutes from home" or the mentality that becasue you just pulled onto the street in which you live you can take the belt off is insane. Sorry, but you not getting a warning doesnt bother me.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:26 am

over here if you are sitting in the back you don't need your belt on, only in the
front, and that beer thing is bullshit, i hate CCTV!

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:33 am

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:21 pm

yea yea i kind of have mixed emotions on this issue. i should've had my seat belt anyways, no excuses. tough lesson, but i learned from it and i'm always gonna wear one no matter what now.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:22 pm

I suppose your gonna tell me its "my own fault" now for having the beer too. Rediculous!

Ruskin wrote:yeah, they were out in full force this weekend, and are supposed to be for the next 2 weeks atleast. But in all honesty, it's your own fault for not having a belt on. Not only is it a law, it's really just stupid to not have one on. They are far from uncomfortable anymore, and the amount of people hurt/killed because of the whole "im 2 minutes from home" or the mentality that becasue you just pulled onto the street in which you live you can take the belt off is insane. Sorry, but you not getting a warning doesnt bother me.

Ruskin
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Ruskin on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:52 pm

no, you're just silly to not have put it in something else :P like a coke can, or a bottle of vodka.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:27 pm

im stupid to not have realized the CCTV, i woulda tosed it before a bus pulled up. LOL although i have been ON a bus before with open beer and drinking it, was at the back, but i doubt ill do that again.

-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:43 am

its all about the brown paper bag special....

&

the whole seatbelt thing, at least the cop told you your gonna win ahead of time. That means he actually felt bad about giving you the ticket.

-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:48 am

lol and shortly after reading your post, i found this

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/23885/Remember_Wear_Your_Seatbelt.html

it makes me want to make sure EVERYONE who rides in my car wears a seatbelt.

I love U.K. Commercials.

--LeX

Azriel

Postby Azriel on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:09 am

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the majority of car accidents occur within 5 minutes of a persons home.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:31 am

spart you might have a drinking problem ;d.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:25 pm

Seatbelts are like condoms, who needs 'em?

P.S. I ALWAYS wear mine..........seatbelt that is.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:42 am

seat belts like condoms take away all the danger and fun out of driving.

Return to Bitch Bitch Bitch