Well I'm deployed..

WickedNET National Major League Association of Sports
-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Well I'm deployed..

Postby -PC-Taishar on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:03 am

Well, you see, for those a bit more versed in anatomy, those are my SHINS. And it's because I constantly smash them with the barbell when doing deadlifts.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:29 am

Time for more homoeroticism. I haven't been posting regularly because I've moved into the pure strength portion of my workouts. I've put on 10 lbs from my first pictures. Not sure if that's good or bad. So after about 1 month of workouts 3 of which geared towards anaerobic/aerobic balance and 1 week of strength only, these are the results.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Pictures are kind of out of focus....meh whatev.

The strength workouts look something like this:
http://www.qwa.org/programs/tadv13.asp

I add about three workouts per week for the 'beach' muscles. Chest, shoulders, bi's, tri's etc. I'll be switching between high rep (8-15) and low rep (2-6) sets for the beach workouts since I'm not concerned entirely with upper body strength. Upper body is not really functional fitness for my job, but it's always nice to look good naked.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:54 pm

who wants a mustache ride?

I DO!!!!!

Kitty

Postby Kitty on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:25 pm

This feels like voyeurism...

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:51 am

Well it's been keeping me honest, as for motivating anyone else...doesn't seem that it has :)

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 am

Well strength training is done. This is the end result. I still have to do a bulking and cutting phase. I'm pretty happy with the results. Some highlights from the experiment:
1. It hurts. Not trying to be anti-motivational, but my back has been tight damn near the whole 6 week phase. My knees, which I've never had a problem with are starting to ache, but nothing too serious. And my shoulders (which were already bad) are trashed. Drink lots of water.... LOTS!
2. My bench went up astronomically. I ended up maxing out at 320 (started at 245) I probably could have gotten a bit more but I hurt my shoulder and I didn't want to quit my routine to give it time to heal right. Front squat went from about 245 to 285. Back squat from 285 to 320. My power cleans and snatches didn't go up a lot in weight, but my form got much better, and I can do them now without breaking myself. Not to say I didn't make any gains but it was only about 10 to 20 on each.
3. My cardiovascular ability took a nose dive. I run just a quarter mile to warm up and I'm sucking wind HARD at the end of it (incidentally my legs feel MUCH better while running though...odd).
4. I went from weighing 214 to weighing around 230 give or take 3 lbs depending on when I weigh myself.
5. My legs feel MUCH more solid. I had squishy quads before. I don't anymore. I think this is where most of my weight came from, much more dense quads, hams, and glutes.

That's about it. For the next phase I intend to start a bulking phase will do muscle specific exercises at high reps 8-12 and a lower weight. I'm hoping that not only will this get me bigger (not necessarily stronger), but give me back a little of my cardio.

So did anyone make a New Year's resolution they are in danger of not keeping? BUCK UP!!!
Attachments
Jan-8th.jpg
(55.88 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Toede

Postby Toede on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am

How does the tattoo go from one arm to the other? that is what is confusing me. haha but nice job man keep it up.

Toede

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

damn, i wish i had the time and drive to do this :/ i'm such a lazy ass :P

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:15 pm

I told Eddie. Once you get some visual results, that is motivation enough. I used to dread going, it's one reason I did this thread (to keep me honest), but now it is totally worth it. I'm seeing definitive results, and that is enough to get me back in the gym every day. I look forward to it now.

In full disclosure I've hit kind of a rut where my workouts are not going as well but I attribute it to not having a plan. I was on a scheduled workout that I got online, and it's easy to do those you go to the gym, have a routine, knock it out, and keep the intensity up. When I don't have a predetermined workout I find that I usually don't get as good of a workout, and end up putzing around the gym more than hitting the steel hard. So I guess that would be my biggest piece of advice. Get a set schedule workout (the workout itself not necessarily the time...be flexible on the time). When you know exactly what you have to do, you're more likely to get it done.

Toede it was a new camera, I think this one mirrors. Oh...wait...my tattoo actually moved WTF!!!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

looking good papi!

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:18 pm

not bad for a senior citizen.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:37 am

Hang, you're older than me. So there!

toon my number is ....

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 pm

-PC-Taishar wrote:So did anyone make a New Year's resolution they are in danger of not keeping? BUCK UP!!!

Well not a New Year's resolution, but just trying to stay winter motivated.

So since Jan 1, 2012 here's my walking and weightlifting log for the last 5 weeks from dailymile.com (walking (yes walking, it counts fools it really does) 50 minutes 4x a week, weights 40 minutes 2x a week). Altogether over 4 hours a week of moderate exercise.

Not a Tai I'm a marine workout, but enough to make me feel pretty good. BTW Tai, you posting and commenting on yourself is and does motivate guys like me so thanks. Of course I also find motivation from this woman: http://www.bodyrock.tv/ and why yes, I do like my women all skinny and muscle.

BTW I can't post shirtless pics because then you'll all know I'm really Matt Damon, fuck, did I just type that and post it. Fuck!

iworkout.jpg
I Work Out
(105.38 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

39.98 Donuts burned suckas!

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:13 am

Droog that's good stuff. I'll tell you what. As a method of staying in shape without breaking the body, walking is probably the best way out there. I love the donuts burned etc stats. What kind of workouts are you doing for your weight sessions?

I'm still going on my workouts, I have to admit though, I'm starting to feel pretty broken. I'm sure it's a matter of not having great nutrition/sleeping habits/sleeping accomodations, but nevertheless, all my joints are pretty achy. Except for my shoulders for some reason. Oddly enough that's the only thing i've ever really had problems with, and now it's the only major joint I'm NOT having problems with. Hah.

As an update I've pretty much been OFP in the gym for a bit. Mostly doing medium weights at higher reps. A much more traditional beach workout type thing. I've ordered a cutting cycle of supplements and will be back at it hard starting next week or the week after depending on when my body is ready for it. Hopefully I'm going to shred up some of this muscle I put on.

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 pm

-PC-Taishar wrote:What kind of workouts are you doing for your weight sessions?

I'm working out by myself so mostly I'm doing machines to stay safe. My workout is not a bulking workout, but rather a weight over time workout. Fast lifts, then slow burning let down. I do three sets with my reps in the higher range (first set around 15-18, second around 10, last around 8 ). I'm really just trying to move every muscle in my body about 25 times under some sort of resistance. I start with upper body, move on to core, and then do legs.

At 2x per week I'm not getting any visible fast results, but my strength is up a great deal.

I'm kinda lucky because the one high school I provide tech support for has a modest weight room which I am free to use on the off hours. Nothing amazing, but way more than I'd ever have at home, and it's free. Woot. At this point in time each time I come back things are always just as I left them, so it's like having my own personal weight room. There are a few things missing (a dip station, and a rotating lat machine, actual bench press) but other than that they have what I need for now.

I just recently pulled a groin muscle (ice skating) so I'm taking 2 days off and it sucks. Going back at it tomorrow.

IMAG0441 (Small).jpg
(57.87 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

IMAG0439 (Small).jpg
(58.7 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

IMAG0438 (Small).jpg
(51.21 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

PreviousNext

Return to Sports