MLB.tv

WickedNET National Major League Association of Sports
Kitty

MLB.tv

Postby Kitty on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:30 am

Ok.. since you are the largest group of men I know, I stand a decent chance of finding a geek in here who's also into baseball.. and I need your input.

I'm debating whether or not to get MLB.tv. Do you have it? If so, how do you like it? Would you get cable instead? Would you go with basic MLBtv or the premium version that allows for live game DVR controls and multi-game view (PIP, Split Screen, Quad view)?

We don't have cable and we don't get any sports games on our OTA channels w/ digital antenna so I'm stuck catching whatever ESPN3 streams for free online.. whenever they stream MLB games.

And another thing... is the full year subscription worth it or would it be best to just go month to month?

Thanks guys!

Stealth Assassin405

Re: MLB.tv

Postby Stealth Assassin405 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am

Never subscribe to MLB.TV so dont know how it works really.

But as a big baseball fan I def recommend you to subscribe to it as oppose to cable. Because with cable you will need to pay monthly subscriptions which runs you 40 per month on avg.

And since you've been receiving OTA TV and are fine with it then I suggest you to just stick with it.

Plus with MLB.tv you are able to watch all of MLB games. Except of course with local blackout restrictions.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Got a friend that is a baseball FANATIC in every sense of the term. He loves mlb.tv and subscribes every season. Says it's well worth it. If you have any specific questions, I can relay them for you.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Is this baseball season EVER gonna end?

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Baseball is handy to keep us busy between football seasons.

BlueSix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby BlueSix on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 pm

I seriously don't see the appeal in watching baseball.. I loved to play it and I even like going to a field to see a live game; the atmosphere - hot dog vendors, doing the wave, etc... But watching it on TV has always seemed so fucking boring.

That is all.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Not as bad as watching golf.. Good lord, golf is boring

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 am

BlueSix wrote:I loved to play it and I even like going to a field to see a live game; the atmosphere - hot dog vendors, doing the wave, etc...

don't forget $10 beers!!!

Kitty

Postby Kitty on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks for the input guys.

Dan, no specific questions, really. I'll let you know if I think of any, though.

Rhys, you're right about the atmosphere. It's much more exciting to go to a ball game. But since I don't have endless amounts of cash laying around and a private jet, I can't be at every single game for all the teams I'd like to watch. So.. I have to settle for watching from home instead. Besides, I can do the wave in my living room one arm at a time. =P

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 am

Kitty wrote:Thanks for the input guys.

Dan, no specific questions, really. I'll let you know if I think of any, though.

Rhys, you're right about the atmosphere. It's much more exciting to go to a ball game. But since I don't have endless amounts of cash laying around and a private jet, I can't be at every single game for all the teams I'd like to watch. So.. I have to settle for watching from home instead. Besides, I can do the wave in my living room one arm at a time. =P

if you include your feet in the wave it becomes much more entertaining. at least for fern, who's probably struggling to stay awake. :P

Kitty

Postby Kitty on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 am

HangOver wrote:if you include your feet in the wave it becomes much more entertaining. at least for fern, who's probably struggling to stay awake. :P

I'll have to remember that one. Fern doesn't watch the games with me, really. He sits at his computer playing I don't know what while I'm watching baseball. He's entertained by his game and my yelling at the umpires or heckling the team I don't like. :)

At this point, I don't think there's anything I can do that makes Fern think I'm weirder than he already believes. lol

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Kitty wrote:At this point, I don't think there's anything I can do that makes Fern think I'm weirder than he already believes. lol

This is true, though I do worry sometimes when I can hear her over my headphones (cranked to 11) and she sounds like a drunken sailor with Tourette's.

Return to Sports