oh!...no!

WickedNET National Major League Association of Sports
-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

oh!...no!

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 am

No offense to the wicked Canadian fam, but you have to admit that Ohno should have at least won silver on the 500m short track. Maybe he touched Tremblay, who was already on his way down, but so did Hamelin off Sung's thigh. I don't think they took enough time reviewing this and unfortunately I also feel the results were a bit biased.

Hmm...give an american gold...or dq him and get 2 canadian medals.....hmmmm....

another part of me thinks that Tremblay took the fall as soon as he felt Ohno's hand on his body, just to DQ him.

--LeX

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: oh!...no!

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 am

IT's ok. We'll make up for it by stomping their hockey team. I mean we already did it in the prelims. At least it's not as bad as china and the summer Olympics though.

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 am

Welcome to the world of short track speed skating! Probably the most fraught with controversy of any of the Olympic sports. Ohno has been on the other side of these types of calls many times and benefitted, it's just the nature of the sport. It should be noted that the people who get the most pissed off about calls are the one's that don't understand the sport.

Lex, you're starting to sound South Korean with your complaints about short track. :)

And about the hockey game between U.S. and Canada? We'll just have to see. To be honest I'd love to watch it with a bunch of Wickednetters in a bar somewhere but I don't have time to drive to FL today.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:10 pm

heh that would be fun droog.

as for the short track, i didnt watch it, but ill go do it now.

i did see curling final last night and canada had that in the bag and choked multiple times in the last couple frames. shit happens, we lost.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:33 pm

watched it, epic finish

my understand is for sequence of events:

4th place USA puts hands on 3rd place Canadian in the turn, hand fully on hip. It kinda looks like its to stabilize and not to shove, but still there is enough movement that it coulda pushed Canadian off balance.

[ img ]

Canadian in 3rd falls, but doesnt touch anyone else.

The Canadian in second is moving to pass Korean in first. The korean still has his arm extended to touch the ice and the canadian's boot touches korean hand and puts korean off balance.

Apparently that is considered blocking by using your hand like that, and because it was a skate that touched the hand it is not illegal contact. however the american hand on hip of canadian is illegal touching cause it could lead to shoving, whether it was or not. I actually feel bad for the korean, im not sure canada was gonna overtake on that turn. I think it was possible but who knows.

Return to Sports